The Vermont Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$104
US$101
  • Breakfast included
US$96
  • Pool
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$66
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
  • Pool
US$95
US$88
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$252
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$125
US$122
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$52
Official Hotel Site
    2,259 results
    All reviewsafternoon tearedwood barsky loungebridge restaurantwine and dinecocktail bartyne bridgelovely hoteldean streetcity centrebit datedpublic areasbars and restaurantsbirthday treathotel barcar parkdouble room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very disappointed with our recent stay here. There is NO wheelchair access to the hotel - a fact which is not mentioned on the website. My mother was humiliated by gates having to be unpadlocked on several occasions, having to be taken through back kitchens and worst of all on Friday evening we ended up in a row with the bouncer in the bar which has the front of the hotel as we couldnt get through due to bar furniture being in the way.

In addition I agree with a previous reviewer that the reception service is appalling. I ordered a newspaper which failed to come on both mornings, the bath tap came off in my hand the first morning-the maintenance man commented that "Yes we meant to get new taps!" and my mothers telephone didnt work so I couldnt ring her to wake her up in the morning and receptions attitude was couldnt care less.

On a positive side the concierge who parked the car was wonderful and the bar meal for lunch one day was very good. As every one says dont eat the breakfast - and pay extra- as it is cold and the eggs solid.

I would certainly not stay here again. And I have never given a poor review on this site before.

Room Tip: No comment
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Hilary130
    Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel could have aso much going for it but let down by very poor management. I booked this hotel several months ago but still found myself in the middle of a building site being woken at 8.10am by the sound of hammering then to be confronted by a building site outside of our door as renovations were takin g place in the rooms beside us. then the food at breakfast ws cold, it says cooked breakfast but it could well have been the day before as all the items were cold on both mornings. THe staff at the breakfast area were seemingly more interested in each other rather than the needs of the customers. this seemed to demonstrate a total lack of control over the functioning of the hotel. I suspose once these work has finished it would be a very nice place to stay as the reception and bar facilities looked excellent and the young chap in the bar was very pleasant. THe young girl on arrival was dreadful and should consider if she is really cut out for work in this area rude on arrival and then failiing to order the ironing board we had requested. I then infomed the reception staff of my concerns and was told that the manager would be informed only to receive a standard email the next day wishing i had a pleasant stay which is really just piss poor, as i said this could be a great hotel but lacks proper leadership.

Room Tip: get another hotel out round Jesmond perhaps
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Superdoc1969
    Reviewed 10 July 2014

I would not consider The Vermont Hotel as a suitable destination for myself, nor recommend it to anyone else in the future. The staff were extremely rude and unwilling to provide any assistance to resolve the matters below. They were stubborn, unapologetic and unkind towards me.

First, my room took 3 hours to become available. That was not pleasant after flying for 23 hours around the world.

Second, I was let down at check out - when settling the account, the hotel enquired about the two newspapers I had read... Upon check in, I was asked which newspaper I would like to receive - this is usually a complimentary gesture at most respectable hotels. I informed the check out staff that I believed there was a mistake. I had *not* been told there was a charge for the papers: I was simply asked which one I would like and provided an extensible list of available titles. Considering this is normally a complimentary guest service, there was no mention of a charge, no sign at the front desk or anything to make guests aware of the fees.

Room Tip: Don't bother with The Vermont. Just choose a different hotel.
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
    3  Thank mhugau
    Shadia T, General Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback; as a company we rely on people like yourself leaving feedback to let us know where we perform well and likewise where we do not.

Our Hotel website and other booking sites to advise that Hotel check out time is noon, and check in is from 2pm. Although we do our utmost to accommodate any guests arriving early, this is simply not always possible.

I am sorry that you found the newspaper information unclear. We can arrange a free local newspaper on request, but national publications are chargeable. The bedroom guest directory does explain this.

I really do hope that you can accept my apologies for the issues you raised, I will work with the team to ensure that this will not happen again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the moment we arrived behind a bright red Ferrari in our tiny Kia we were treated to great service from Steve who parked the Ferrari then the Kia to the very friendly lady behind the check in desk .The rooms are comfortable but a little tired around the edges the weekend we stayed they were having trouble with there hot water system so the showers in the morning were a bit on the tepid side .Good service in the bar an big comfee chairs to relax in .Great service at breakfast and a very good selection and nicely cooked . Overall an hotel with class great service comfort but a little tired on the decor side.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments which have been passed on to the very proud team here at The Vermont Hotel. We strive to ensure that every guest receives the warm welcome for which we have become renowned, and it really does mean a lot that you have enjoyed your visit with us.

I am pleased to advise that all hotel bedrooms are currently undergoing refurbishment, which we expect to be completed by Autumn 2014. This £4m investment will help to return The Vermont Hotel bedroo to the standards our guests have come to expect.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We would like to say thank you to the staff at The Vermont Hotel for the amazing afternoon Tea we had. The quality of the produce was exceptional. The presentation was superb, the surroundings were very relaxing and we had a wonderful afternoon cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Margaret H

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It really does mean a lot to us all that you enjoyed your Traditional Afternoon Tea and hopefully we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Vermont in the very near future.