My boyfriend took me to the Vermont for Valentines and I was a bit worried after reading some reviews on here but I honestly can't understand why some people had such problems with it.
The concierge was so helpful and nice, as were the reception staff, who allowed us to check in early. Our room wasn't massive but it was clean and tidy and yes, it isn't totally modern but I kind of liked the 'old-fashioned posh' style of it. I felt like I was in a 'proper' hotel.
Breakfast was nice, if not a little bit too fancy (sausages etc 'arranged' on the plate!), and all the staff who served us were really nice and couldn't do enough for us.
We didn't have to check out until 7pm on the Sunday, for no extra charge!!
It isn't cheap and it isn't the most modernly furnished but its smart and has a nice feel to it - we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne