“Good for functions” 5 of 5 bubbles

Copthorne Hotel Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Good for functions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Have held three AGM's followed by dinner for a small North East Charity. Function room, meal and overall ambience excellent. Will be back next year. Restaurant has a particularly nice view over the river.

Room Tip: As far as I know, all rooms overlook the river with a lovely view of the bridges.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Billions
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you you are so pleased with your recent events held here at the Copthorne, with particular regard to the standard of the room, the quality of food and the overall ambience (helped through the great views from the hotel over the river Tyne). I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.
Ken Ellington, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ripon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Copthorne hotel for a hen party on 5th July. Hotel was lovely and in a great location. We walked into town most of the time but we did get a taxi once or twice which was reasonably priced at £4/£5. The room was spacious and had a little balcony overlooking the river which was lovely.
When I got home, I realised I had left a top and jacket in the wardrobe by mistake! I rung and spoke to Amy (I think that was her name), she was extremely helpful and my clothes were returned to me in the post free of charge! Thank you!
I would definitely stay at the Copthorne again if I was to visit Newcastle.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachael D
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the hotel location, the spaciousness of your bedroom, and the high standard of guest service. Your lovely feedback in particular regarding Amy on reception is really appreciated, and will make her day I'm sure! I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just hosted our Sixth Form Leavers Prom at the Copthorne on Saturday, was a bit wary at first because it wasn't where the school usually pick but I'm so so so glad we chose differently! We got the Gold Student Graduation package and it well worth the money! £28 per person for everything! Includes Bucks Fizz on arrival, a brilliant DJ, a quality photographer (who's prints aren't extortionately expensive), a 3 course meal and free wine on the tables!
We had our drinks reception in the atrium of the hotel and some beautiful photos on the Quayside because it was a lovely day outside.
The food was brilliant and the hotel was really considerate over dietary requirements so everyone had something to eat that they liked on the night.
The hotel staff were brilliant too, really friendly, hotel manager and food/beverage manager were so lovely on the night, so helpful over everything.
The room was set out exactly the way we wanted it on the night and I honestly have not heard a bad word about the night, brilliant atmosphere and brilliant venue, cannot recommend it enough!
Honestly is the best venue in Newcastle for proms and graduations so I can't imagine it being much different for Weddings etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda F
Many thanks for your great review, following your recent Prom event which was held here at the Copthorne this past weekend. I'm delighted that you were so pleased with the event, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service throughout, the value for money from the chosen Prom package, the quality of food, and the party atmosphere on the night. On a personal note, it was a pleasure for myself to manage your event on the night. Your recommendation of the hotel to other tripadvisor readers is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Miami, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

First time I stay at a Copthorne Hotel and was very well impressed. Staff at front desk and concierge very pleasant and professional, location is good, breakfast is good, rooms are nice and spacious, clean, new, nice view, luggage handling very prompt as well as wake up call.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bonita B
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service from the reception team, the hotel location, the comfort and cleanliness of your bedroom, and the quality of breakfast. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
northern england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights to attend a a concert at the Metro Arena. Hotel is excellently located for everything. Very welcomming and informative reception staff who were genuinely interested in our stay. Our room was very clean and spacious but a little tired as was the bathroom.
The view over the river was brilliant from the large floor to ceiling window in the room.
Car parking was easy and secure £14 for two nights and you are able to leave your car there after checking out incurring no extra cost.
We would definately return to this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rainbow188
Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service from the reception team, the comfort and spaciousness of your bedroom, and the hotel location overlooking the river Tyne. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed her a few months ago on a Buisness trip. Arrived to a very happy receptionist who asked about my day and the reason for my visit, it was a nice start to my trip.
The hotel is right on the banks if the river and my room looked over it. The room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable.
Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. I didn't use the restaurant in the evening, however the bar meals were excellent.
Be it Buisness or pleasure I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrew A
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service from the reception team, the hotel location overlooking the river Tyne, the comfort of your bedroom, and the calibre of breakfast. Your recommendation of the hotel to other tripadvisor readers is greatly appreciated, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed for a week recently on business and found it to be very pleasant, the rooms were clean, tidy and very well furnished and overlooking the Tyne. The food in the restaurant was nothing to rave about but ok if you don't want to go into town, not a lot of choice on the menu. Staff very accommodating but car park pricey at £7 overnight £28 for the week is a bit steep for a resident

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Olwen101265
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Many thanks for your positive review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us overall, with your constructive feedback noted for review with my management team. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.