“garbo n garbo”

Copthorne Hotel Newcastle
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed at the copthorne hotel 7th and 8th August 14 great room 422 overlooking the river it was perfect my husband had booked tickets for the night meeting at the races.got back to hotel and had drinks in bar great staff always ready to helpwent into town next day it was buzzing we can't wait to go back worth every penny!

Room Tip: 4th floor overlooking the Tyne
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the hotel location and the high standard of guest service. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. The rooms are large with very comfy bed and good pillows also has couple of armchairs and coffee table in front of a floor to ceiling picture window which gives an amazing view of the river. Very good choice for breakfast, public areas very clean and staff very friendly and welcoming, will return soon

Room Tip: all the rooms have views across the river from the very large bay windows from floor to ceiling
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the comfort of your bedroom, the view over the river Tyne from your room, the cleanliness of the hotel, the quality of breakfast, and the high standard of guest service. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rrooms are basic but clean and functional showing a few signs of age but nothing too bad
The views over the Tyne and the Swing, High Level and Tyne bridges are interesting with easy walking by the river and into the city centre or wayside attractions. It's in a quiet spot so close to a big city
The bar was ok
The breakfast was poor and pricey with a very indifferent waiting team

Room Tip: All rooms look over the river we paid a small upgrade for the 5th floor which was good if you want t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Many thanks for your positive review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay overall, with your constructive feedback noted for review with my management team. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before but standards appear to have fallen! The rooms and the general appearance of the hotel looks very tired. However, staff were excellent and very helpful. Location is very good with lovely views of the Tyne.

• Stayed: August 2014
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your constructive review. The hotel is shortly to embark on the latest stage of its refurbishment programme, which will impact very positively on the bedrooms. Your positive comments with regard to the high standard of guest service are noted and appreciated. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from spending 2 nights in this hotel. This is our 2nd year staying here. What can I say? - Excellent location, rooms clean and spacious and the staff could not do enough for us!! Big thank you to Ken and Janice for making our stay very welcoming! I've just booked up again next year and my friends are doing the same! Well done Copthorne Hotel Newcastle!!! I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms have a stunning river view!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent weekend break with us, with particular regard to the hotel location, the spaciousness and comfort of your bedroom, and the high standard of guest service. Your recommendation of the hotel to other tripadvisor readers is greatly appreciated, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We all booked into the Copthorne for a hen party, there was a big group of us and the staff were more than accommodating.
We were checked in promptly, the rooms were perfect for what we needed, great location for all the bars and restaurants.
The bar staff were friendly, if you're there and see Samuel, he is a very good member of staff. Really good customer service.
I'd recommend this hotel and would consider booking again if I visit newcastle in the future.
Had a perfect weekend.

Stayed: August 2014
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service, the quality of your bedroom and the hotel location. Your recommendation of the hotel to other tripadvisor readers is greatly appreciated, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is in a great location and rooms were really clean, but in general the hotel seems really tired and in need of a good refurb. The dining room was the worst with dirty chipped walls which in my opinion was enough to put myself and partner off booking a meal in here, reception just seemed dark. On the plus the staff were really pleasant and helpful, easy to park, great early check in. we booked through agoda and got a great rate on a club room, so for what we paid were quite happy, but if we had paid full rate this may not have been the case. Would use again but would like to see some improvement on interior.

Room Tip: Club room on 5th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your positive review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay overall, and have noted your constructive feedback for review with my team. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.