Royal Station Hotel
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$97
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$113
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$99
US$88
US$78
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$115
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$27
    Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$78
    Priceline
    US$91
    US$87
    Priceline
    2,036 results
    All reviewssmall bottle of winecomplimentary watersuperior roomkit kattravelling by trainleisure centremini fridgetaxi rankleisure clubstreet noiselovely hotelnewcastle central stationsteam roomwould stay againbuffet stylefull englishlovely room
    Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Royal Station Hotel for just one night on business. It is very convenient to the train station and the centre of town, but as other people have said this does mean you can hear train announcements if you are at the back of the building.
    The building itself looks like it has recently been refurbished, and my room was great for a short stay. The bathroom was lovely, and the free wifi, and flat screen tv, along with complimentary drinks and kit kats was a nice touch.
    The breakfast was included, and pretty standard, but plenty of it!
    It was all very nice except for dinner! The dining room had approx 3 tables eating, and 3 tables waiting when I arrived, so very quiet! After placing my order I waited 40 minutes for a stuffed chicken breast with tagliatelle! and to add insult to injury, the chicken was overcooked! It was tasty enough, but really I would never expect to wait this long for such a simple meal.
    A lady nearby had been waiting as long for a rare steak and then had to send that back as it was overcooked... This really clouded my enjoyment of the hotel, as the kitchen incompetence made me over half an hour late to meet a friend! The wine by the glass was not great either.
    So all good except for the dining room - eat out in town

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
    Reviewed 25 February 2012

Close to the station and handy for the metro Arena and the town center, both a five minute walk. We paid £80 for the night via the internet instead of £114 when booking direct.
    This has been a lovely city building and no doubt costs a few quid to maintain to its current reasonable standard.
    The room was ok for the money and had digital tv and free unlimited wifi. We visited on an unseasonably warm day and and the rads were on full so we had to sleep with the window open. The smokers outside the pub opposite were very drunk kept us awake untill 3am. The view northward is horrid. I dont know what the Southward view offered.
    If you do stay at this hotel make time to walk to the riverside to admire the fantastic bridge strucures close by.

Room Tip: Try South facing rooms if you have a choice.
    1  Thank Maurice M
    Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights this month with my boyfriend. The hotel has a great location, we came off the train and the hotel is right next to the station. Also only a few minutes walk to get right into the town centre. We stayed in a superior double room which was lovely and spacious - had everything we needed. The shower was really powerful although it took a few minutes for the water to run hot but that wasn't a problem. We also used the pool facilities which were great. Hotel staff were friendly and really helpful. Overall a lovely stay - i would definately recommend!

2  Thank fortf1234
    Reviewed 21 February 2012

My girlfriend and myself stayed in the Royal station hotel for two nights which included Valentines day. I used to live in Newcastle so I knew that it was in a great location, 2 minute walk into the town centre. Also some of my family members have stayed there so we knew it was nice. The Rooms are a good size with everything that you need in them. I ve read reviews about the noise which was non existent during our stay. The view towards the Tyne bridge was also very nice. The breakfast was very nice and had everything on offer for all taste. The only downside is that the pool was freezing when we used it so didn't stay in there long, but the Jacuzzi more than made up for it. Overall a nice stay and would recommend this place for city breaks or business stays. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012
    Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel was obviously built to accomodate rail travellers from a byegone era;and it retains the sweeping staircases;grand chandeliers, and gloomy corridors of a victorian novel. However, it also manages to offer the traveller most of what one would expect for the 21st century.
    We stayed for three nights in a superior exectutive room on the first floor . It was a large room (one could have driven a bus through the door) decorated in grandiose and gilded style with an ornate white wardrobe; matching dressing table and gilded mirrors. The en--suite bathroom was also large with a heated floor, and easy to manage shower and bath; complimentary toiletries, and white, if not fluffy towels.
    The room also contained a compimenatry mini fridge which contained water, orange juice and kit-kats,which were replenished daily, which was most welcome.
    The wardrobe contained an ironing board and iron, towels, dressing gowns and a hairdryer. oddly enough , it did not contain a safe. Safe-deposit boxes were available at reception.
    Because the hotel is so centrally located, we had opted for 'room only' as there are plenty of places to eat nearby.. However on our second morning we tried the continental breakfast avaible in the Empire bar and lounge. This cost £7.50 plus vat for the usual choice of croissant/toast/fruit/cereal etc. For an extra £2 we could have upgraded to the full english - which again seemed to be fairly standard . The dining room was rather echoing and I got the impression that not many people would eat there in the evening , but this again may be due to the excellent and very good value restaurants in the close vicinity , rather than any problem with hotel food.
    The hotel also boasted a swimming pool and fitness centre which one accessed by crossing the car park at the rear of the place - which also gave an excellent and unusual view of Newcastle Keep and the Tyne Bridge.
    The staff were helpful enough; our key card had problems and was replaced; but there was only one card whereas we usually get one each.
    As far as location goes this is ideal; beside the Metro,Central station and of course within walking distance of the city centre.
    Would I go back ? Yes, almost certainly. Would I opt for bed and breakfast? Almost certainly not.

Room Tip: Stay at the front of the hotel and high up - the city centre can be noisy