Royal Station Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
County Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Chasley Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Roomzzz Newcastle City(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Motel One Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
Friars Gate Luxury Apartments(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
  • Spa
Travelodge Newcastle Quayside(Newcastle upon Tyne)
2,015 results
All reviewssmall bottle of winecomplimentary watersuperior roomkit kattravelling by trainleisure centremini fridgetaxi rankleisure clubstreet noiselovely hotelnewcastle central stationsteam roomwould stay againbuffet stylefull englishlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This Hotel is right beside the train station and on a very busy main road. It has a lovely old entrance but this feeling disappears quickly when you go down the dark, gloomy hallyways to the bedrooms. Initially I had a room facing the front of the hotel. The room had modern decor but the furniture was well worn and quite shabby. There were bloody fingerpints on the curtains too which was a little off putting! The noise from the street was incredibly loud so I asked to change rooms. The staff were really accomodating and swiftly moved me to a nicer and much quieter room at the rear of the hotel, overlooking the trainline.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have old windows and the street noise is really loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I'm recently back (and only just recovering) from a hen party I orgainised for my friend in Newcastle. We stayed at the Royal Station Hotel. When I was planning the trip I had phoned around several central hotels and this was the cheapest. I booked quad rooms and got a much better deal through ringing the hotel than was offered by any other web site. The hotel itself is located right next to central station and is walking distance o ll the main sights, bars and clubs.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were asked for a £30 deposit per person (which we knew about). The staff were very friendly, quick and efficient. The rooms themselves were fantastic. I was a little worried about 4 girls in the one room but it was huge, more like 2 adjoining rooms. It would be fantastic for a family. The rooms were quite warm as the weather was quite warm when we were there. We didn't bother booking breakfast as we thought most people would rather lie in but one of the girls did go for it and said it was lovely. The rest of us headed to The Union bar across the road that does a weatherspoons breakfast. The only downside to the trip was two really unpleasant staff members we encountered. Firstly on one evening I turned on the light in the bathroom and the extractor fan began to make a really high pitched squealing noise. I turned it off and on a few times and it still did the same thing so I rang down to reception. 5 minute later a very grumpy man arrived at the door and asked what the problem was. When I told him her replied "well I don't know what I'll be able to do about it". Typically as soon as we turned it on it was fine. he then left and we could hear him swearing about us in the corridor! the other person was the night receptionist. When we returned form our night out we asked if he could take a photo for us. I assure you we were not staggering/shouting/being aggressive etc we just asked if he could take a photo. He told us no, go and ask the door man. This man was just sitting at the desk in the lobby, there was no one else about and the door man was busy trying to deal with some drunk people on the street. Apart from these two experiences everything else was great and I would recommend the hotel to anyone going to Newcastle.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Victorian grandeur in the entrance but the room was small and badly designed. We paid for a "superior room" which turned out to be adequate only. Well worth a visit but don't pay for the "bigger" room. Very well located for Newcastle centre. Next door to the station so handy for the metro.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel get the station noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Sits alongside the main railway line network, for north, south, east, west travel. Also, sits alongside the Metro that links up with Newcastle Airport. Buses and taxis stop outside. It is a stone's throw from the major shopping areas, and ofcourse Newcastle United F.C.
Old building that has its limits but is tastefully decorated with a magnificent staircase. Lovely breakfast area and below has a thriving cocktail bar scene. It can get very noisy if you have a room facing the main street area.
Has two Wetherspoons pubs within a minutes walk.
Famous library nearby.
Thriving university city.
Free car parking available.
Staff very busy but were helpful.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room. We were given choice of rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Off the train in Newcastle at 12-30 but room 416 was ready. Object of trip was to go to Beamish Village. Young man at reception checked out bus times & printed off information for me. The room was classed as a small single. Quite small with in lies, but 3/4 bed,kettle,fridge, wi-fi & nice bathroom. Very warm & window would only open a tiny gap. Huge landings up a grand staircase but the 4th floor seems to be the collectig & distribution point for laundry. Have to step over & around to reach lift.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo