“a wonderful experience”

Royal Station Hotel
“a wonderful experience”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

my husband is blind on kidney dialysis and I am too they could not do enough for us one of the ladies carried our case all the way to the station for us and did not want a tip food lovely room better than last time room with wet room very good . staff excellent everything excellent reasonably priced

Room Tip: disabled with wet room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hi there, many thanks for your positive feedback, it's great to see the staff went out of their way to help you and your husband, excellent customer service is something we take very seriously. I hope you will return to visit us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Couldn't fault this hotel at all. Stayed here for 2 nights in November. Room was beautiful. Really big, decor modern but classy, mini fridge with free goodies, toiletries are really good, big triple wardrobe with safe, ironing board, iron, fan, bathrobes and slippers. Have stayed in a few hotels around Newcastle and would have to say I would definitely return to this hotel. Location is spot on. There is street noise but didn't really bother us I just closed over the inner window and it was fine. All and all this was a brilliant hotel in a brilliant location, staff was so polite and couldn't do enough for us. Thank you will be returning soon.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hi Angela,

Many thanks for the fantastic review, we are pleased that we met all of your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Reviewed 28 November 2013

so happy for this hotel.i was come from London and choice the Royal hotel and i m very pleased with my choice.its very clean.nice service and nice people;) i told my frienda to visit Newcastle.and take this hotel.LOve this place:)

• Stayed November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here on the weekend of the 8th November 2013 for 2 nights!
The reception is so very grand and beautiful , reception staff were very helpfull and friendly and check in was quick and easy! luggage was taken to both our rooms by a very helpfull man who also helped us with citycentre hotspots to visit!
4 of us stayed in two separate superior double rooms, both were very clean and spacious, bathroom was great and shower's very powerful and the complimentary fridge was great and very welcome after travelling for 5 hours!!
we visited the leisure facilities which were great and very relaxing, staff very helpful!
we later ate in the hotel restaurant which... delicious food! great drinks and service was great too!
We also had a lovely breakfast on both days with lots to choose from !
On our final day checkout was 11am , our train did not leave until 4pm that day ,we were offered the facilities of the luggage room to leave our bags until later that day !
All round a fabulous grand hotel and enjoyed our stay very much ( will be visiting again)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I reserved a room at The Royal Station Hotel via booking.com as a friend recommended the hotel. This was for the weekend of 16th November 2013 for 3 nights. It has a great location and everything is within walking distance.
2 days before checking in I rang the hotel and requested a room high up and also to make sure that there was a safe where I could store my valuables. I called and said that it would be an after 10 PM check-in and I didn't want to be stuck down somewhere in the basement or close to the entrance as this is happened to me before with a different hotel. I was told that this wouldn't be a problem. Upon checking I was given room 109 and it was truly awful. The room was above a restaurant/club??? and all I could hear was the thumping of loud music. Also the requested safe was not there. I contacted reception and there were no available spare rooms. During my 3 night visit I declined housekeeping on the Saturday however my room was never cleaned during my entire stay, despite complaining at reception. In addition to the noise from the club you could hear the toilet flushing, the shower and people talking from the room next door. In addition to the lack of service, the bad room, there was an additional issue where the ring-fenced funds upon check-in were only available in my account 2 days after I’d paid for the room. If you’re on a stag weekend where you’re happy with only a few hours sleep a day - go for it. If you want a quality visit - don’t do it.
I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are far better alternatives in the neighbouring streets.

Room Tip: Avoid low floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ridgeback68
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us.
I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay with us, We have a passion for delivering excellent customer service which we regularly receive feedback about and can be seen from previous reviews.
Regarding the issues with housekeeping we service every room daily unless the guest requests for it not to be cleaned or do not disturb signs are displayed on the door.
Room requests are subject to availability and we can not always guarantee them although we do try our best to do so. The room you stayed in was a superior executive room, an upgraded room from what you had originally booked with booking.com, being a city centre hotel noise is somewhat unavoidable especially over the weekend so I'm sorry to hear that this affected your visit.
Thank you for your comments and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us next time you visit Newcastle. Please contact our hotel team direct who will help to tailor your stay to best meet your needs.
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in an October for a weekend away in the city of Newcastle! Hotel was adequate and in my opinion at the time it suited the needs and was to a standard of cleanliness I felt comfortable with. The bed was comfy and big! We only had a standard room but it was fine for the night. I did not eat in the hotel so I can't comment but overall I found the hotel reasonably good although some staff looked a bit fed-up and could put a smile on their face! Hotel ideally located not far from the shops, restaurants and nightlife! Would have no issue about staying again however the one thing that did concern me at the time and thinking back now it's quite annoying - the housekeeping staff (although they work hard and credit where it's due) they are very pushy about getting into your room to service it when you're departing, we hadn't even passed our departure time for the room and the lady was hammering at the door and she was quite rude when we told her we were not leaving until we were meant to as we still needed showers and to dry hair etc. I know this is only a minor thing but quite annoying and you feel like you're being rushed out once they have your money and your stay is almost over!

• Stayed October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Looks fabulous from outside and on entering inside fantastic staircase, chandeliers are amazing, restaurant looked lovely and swimming pool and Jacuzzi were great facilities!

Although on arrival the male staff member who checked us in was very miserable and not friendly at all, no customer service skills what so ever and didn't crack a smile or say enjoy your stay or any of the usual pleasantries etc! After this we headed off to our room which was on the other side of the hotel, the walk felt like miles away, in actual fact it was that far away from the reception the 'free' WiFi would not connect! Then on entering the room all looked ok until we got into bathroom and all tiles around shower and bath were dirty and mouldy, shower screen splashed with water marks and what was supposed to be a double bed was two singles pushed together, which infuriated us as the stay was for our 6th year anniversary a romantic night away to relax. The stay and room was certainly not worth the £80 I paid to stay for 1 night and it was £98 if booking through the hotel direct! Complete disgrace for such a central hotel which looks fabulous from outside and in main entrance! A very disappointed couple just looking to relax with romance

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kayleigh12013
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hi Kayleigh many thanks for your review. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not all you hoped it to be. If we had been notified of the problems you experienced whilst you were here, the manager on duty would have been more than happy to assist in finding a room more suitable for you and your partner especially with it being a special occasion.
We would be delighted if you would return to stay again so we can rectify the issues and make your visit a memorable one.