“Royal station Hotel”

Royal Station Hotel
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Hotel Is located less then a minutes walk from central Train station , Its very well decorated and the staff very friendly and welcoming . We stayed on the 4th floor and the lift only goes up o the Third . so if you have heavy cases you will need to carry them down one flight .

The room I was in was very clean , and very hot there is no thermostat to control the heating and the window was painted shut so did not open .

My overall stay was enjoyable my only gripe was having too pay £9.75 for a breakfast it would have been except-able if i would have eaten a full English but being a veterinarian only had beans on toast and a cup of tea so was rather expensive ?

Would i stay there again probably not !

Room Tip: Try stay below the fourth floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 December 2013

my husband is blind on kidney dialysis and I am too they could not do enough for us one of the ladies carried our case all the way to the station for us and did not want a tip food lovely room better than last time room with wet room very good . staff excellent everything excellent reasonably priced

Room Tip: disabled with wet room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hi there, many thanks for your positive feedback, it's great to see the staff went out of their way to help you and your husband, excellent customer service is something we take very seriously. I hope you will return to visit us

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Couldn't fault this hotel at all. Stayed here for 2 nights in November. Room was beautiful. Really big, decor modern but classy, mini fridge with free goodies, toiletries are really good, big triple wardrobe with safe, ironing board, iron, fan, bathrobes and slippers. Have stayed in a few hotels around Newcastle and would have to say I would definitely return to this hotel. Location is spot on. There is street noise but didn't really bother us I just closed over the inner window and it was fine. All and all this was a brilliant hotel in a brilliant location, staff was so polite and couldn't do enough for us. Thank you will be returning soon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi Angela,

Many thanks for the fantastic review, we are pleased that we met all of your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 28 November 2013

so happy for this hotel.i was come from London and choice the Royal hotel and i m very pleased with my choice.its very clean.nice service and nice people;) i told my frienda to visit Newcastle.and take this hotel.LOve this place:)

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here on the weekend of the 8th November 2013 for 2 nights!
The reception is so very grand and beautiful , reception staff were very helpfull and friendly and check in was quick and easy! luggage was taken to both our rooms by a very helpfull man who also helped us with citycentre hotspots to visit!
4 of us stayed in two separate superior double rooms, both were very clean and spacious, bathroom was great and shower's very powerful and the complimentary fridge was great and very welcome after travelling for 5 hours!!
we visited the leisure facilities which were great and very relaxing, staff very helpful!
we later ate in the hotel restaurant which... delicious food! great drinks and service was great too!
We also had a lovely breakfast on both days with lots to choose from !
On our final day checkout was 11am , our train did not leave until 4pm that day ,we were offered the facilities of the luggage room to leave our bags until later that day !
All round a fabulous grand hotel and enjoyed our stay very much ( will be visiting again)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I reserved a room at The Royal Station Hotel via booking.com as a friend recommended the hotel. This was for the weekend of 16th November 2013 for 3 nights. It has a great location and everything is within walking distance.
2 days before checking in I rang the hotel and requested a room high up and also to make sure that there was a safe where I could store my valuables. I called and said that it would be an after 10 PM check-in and I didn't want to be stuck down somewhere in the basement or close to the entrance as this is happened to me before with a different hotel. I was told that this wouldn't be a problem. Upon checking I was given room 109 and it was truly awful. The room was above a restaurant/club??? and all I could hear was the thumping of loud music. Also the requested safe was not there. I contacted reception and there were no available spare rooms. During my 3 night visit I declined housekeeping on the Saturday however my room was never cleaned during my entire stay, despite complaining at reception. In addition to the noise from the club you could hear the toilet flushing, the shower and people talking from the room next door. In addition to the lack of service, the bad room, there was an additional issue where the ring-fenced funds upon check-in were only available in my account 2 days after I’d paid for the room. If you’re on a stag weekend where you’re happy with only a few hours sleep a day - go for it. If you want a quality visit - don’t do it.
I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are far better alternatives in the neighbouring streets.

Room Tip: Avoid low floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ridgeback68
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us.
I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay with us, We have a passion for delivering excellent customer service which we regularly receive feedback about and can be seen from previous reviews.
Regarding the issues with housekeeping we service every room daily unless the guest requests for it not to be cleaned or do not disturb signs are displayed on the door.
Room requests are subject to availability and we can not always guarantee them although we do try our best to do so. The room you stayed in was a superior executive room, an upgraded room from what you had originally booked with booking.com, being a city centre hotel noise is somewhat unavoidable especially over the weekend so I'm sorry to hear that this affected your visit.
Thank you for your comments and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us next time you visit Newcastle. Please contact our hotel team direct who will help to tailor your stay to best meet your needs.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in an October for a weekend away in the city of Newcastle! Hotel was adequate and in my opinion at the time it suited the needs and was to a standard of cleanliness I felt comfortable with. The bed was comfy and big! We only had a standard room but it was fine for the night. I did not eat in the hotel so I can't comment but overall I found the hotel reasonably good although some staff looked a bit fed-up and could put a smile on their face! Hotel ideally located not far from the shops, restaurants and nightlife! Would have no issue about staying again however the one thing that did concern me at the time and thinking back now it's quite annoying - the housekeeping staff (although they work hard and credit where it's due) they are very pushy about getting into your room to service it when you're departing, we hadn't even passed our departure time for the room and the lady was hammering at the door and she was quite rude when we told her we were not leaving until we were meant to as we still needed showers and to dry hair etc. I know this is only a minor thing but quite annoying and you feel like you're being rushed out once they have your money and your stay is almost over!

• Stayed: October 2013