Royal Station Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
County Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Chasley Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Excellent 5/5
    Roomzzz Newcastle City(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    Motel One Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Bar/Lounge
    Friars Gate Luxury Apartments(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    Average 3/5
    • Pool
    • Spa
    Travelodge Newcastle Quayside(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    2,015 results
    All reviewssmall bottle of winecomplimentary watersuperior roomkit kattravelling by trainleisure centremini fridgetaxi rankleisure clubstreet noiselovely hotelnewcastle central stationsteam roomwould stay againbuffet stylefull englishlovely room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed only for the night with some friends for a weekend in Newcastle, the hotel was chosen as it is so easy to get to all parts of the city, perfect location.
    The room was very clean, but it does look a little dated along with the rest of the hotel, but I suppose it is a traditional hotel in itself.
    Friendly staff so all in all, a decent place if you aren't planning on hanging around it too much.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
    pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are extremely popular because of our convenient location.

We have kept a traditional look throughout the hotel in keeping with the appearance and age of the building, not wanting to modernise original features too much.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back if you return to Newcastle

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I love this hotel. The main areas are so very beautiful and well maintained it makes staying here a pelasure. Great gym and pool and easy to use and have not found many other hotels on my travels with such good leisure facilities for such a great price. Rooms are a bit tired and dated, but always very clean and lovely facilities, eg fridge with free water and kit kats! Staff are always pleasant. Not had the food as find the breakfast rate a bit pricey but dining areas look nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank KateKing
    pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

The hotel is a listed building and many of its original features are still present which add to its grandeur.

Thanks

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I have to visit Newcastle on a regular basis and have stayed at The Royal Station Hotel everytime (several times a year)

To be fair I have always been looked after until now.

Tried to check in at usual time but was told to come back later.

When I did check in and make way to my room I was disappointed to say the least.

Worst room I have ever had in all the years of staying - equal to a b&b in Blackpool!

Not sure if the management ever read these reviews but if the rest of your rooms are slipping to this standard then you won't be seeing me, my staff or clients ever again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    2  Thank DHooton

Hi

Many thanks for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay.

We do pride ourselves on the bedroom types we offer as well as their cleanliness therefore we are disappointed your recent stay did not live up to your expectations.

Perhaps we could suggest you ask for a specific room type on your next visit?

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Station Hotel.

Regards

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and i chose the royal station hotel to hold out wedding reception back in feb 2013. From the moment we first visited we knew it was perfect. Tracy Sewell was wonderful from the off, such a nice lady, Everything we asked was catered for with no hesitation!! We had alot of family stay over night and everyone commented how nice their rooms where, and the suite we had was stunning. All in all the staff made our wedding day perfect, and we thank you dearly.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your wedding.

We are certainly dedicated to ensuring every event held exceeds guest expectations.

Thank you once again for providing your feedback!

Thanks

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Music loud, I was on 3rd floor and all I could hear was bang bang bang, its midnight and still cant sleep with all the noise. I will never stay here again, I only stayed in the 1st place because hotel was booked for work reasons, I might as well have slept outside! Avoid if you want to get at least a few hours sleep otherwise its just your cup of tea, its like you are trying to sleep in a night club!

Room Tip: Complain ask to be moved if your a heavy sleeper then don't worry about it
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you struggled to sleep, being a city centre hotel noise is sometimes unavoidable, I only wish we had been notified at the time so we could have moved you to a more suitable room at the back of the hotel.

I do hope you return in the future so we can rectify the problems you experiences

Kind Regards