All reviewscontinental breakfastclassic kingosborne roadwest jesmond metro stationboiled eggsno liftcity centrerainfall showerlovely hotelbar next doorfour poster bedcar parksuperior roomlarge tvmini fridgeon arrivalbars and restaurants
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I visited Newcastle for a weekend getaway with my partner. Cairns is a very clean and modern hotel. The room me and my partner stayed in was fairly small however the room was clean and had good facilities. The only negative comment regarding the room were the curtains didn't close all the way and one day the bathroom had a unusual sewage smell. The bar was underneath our room so if you like an early night that could prove difficult as you could hear a lot bass base in the room. However the music was off by 11:00pm. The car park was very small and cars had to double park which wasn't the best if you wanted to leave straight away. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a lovely and continental with a fairly good choice. The hotel overall was good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aems1995
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This hotel was excellent value, some would say room was a bit small, but had all we needed and relatively close to the city centre, we walked in every day. The breakfast was excellent and always felt full. Car parking is a challenge to the rear of the hotel and early morning shuffling of cars can happen.
Overall very impressed

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The pics don't do it justice. Lovely room with plenty of space and an excellent en suite wet room. Great lively pub attached in which we were right royally entertained on the Sunday quiz night (2 cocktails for the price of one no less - oh and TWO separate happy hours!) Parking for the duration of our stay (even on the day of departure we were welcome to use the car park whilst we went into town to have lunch) The breakfast was well thought out and very good quality for the price. The dining room is beautifully decorated and furnished. To cap it all the famous Geordie hospitality and friendliness was well in evidence....I suppose it did help that Newcastle United won on the Saturday!

Room Tip: All good on the floor we were on (2nd)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This was a great location for Jesmond.

Very nice hotel, quirky rooms, lovely decor - modern twist. The bar downstairs was very busy in the evening with a DJ. We didn't eat here but had a few drinks.

I was a bit disappointed with breakfast, they had run out of eggs and croissants so didn't eat anything, It is continental only.

If you want a quiet room I would suggest not having a room over the bar like we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not over the bar area fir a quieter night
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 238,855
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel, the room I am in is of a very high standard. I stay in a lot of premier inns/Travelodge's, and I've got to say this place beats them hands down.
The bed is so comfy, I've had a great sleep every night this week, a good shower and free toiletries you can't go wrong, there is also the added bonus of a small fridge in your room which is ideal for keeping your drinks cooled and milk fresh.
There is only one downfall and that is the car parking situation, very limited spaces which soons fill up, and if you are lucky enough to get a space, before you know it you are blocked in. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get a space and had to park about 5/10 minute walk away. But to be honest I think all the hotels on Osborne street has the same problem when it comes to parking. Apart from that, a great hotel and great value for money

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Rebecca A, Front Office Manager at Cairn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Many thanks for your very kind comments following your recent with us. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.