“Take away quality” 3 of 5 bubbles

Persian Delight
Ranked #335 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Take away quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

From the look of the shop, you know you can't expect too much.
But the food we ordered today was really too salty.
:-(

1 Thank rolinrolin

“Perfect every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I eat in Persian delight all of the time, the food in always faultless and beautifully presented. The staff are friendly and helpful and Lamb stew is my favorite!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lovescran
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Delicious mediteranean food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Lovely fresh food,char grilled to order, or stew type lamb,lamb shanks,the naan bread is lovely and thin,beautiful with fried aubergine,very clean restaurant,cooking to perfection,the restaurant is very casual but authentic,terrific quality and value,

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank james m
Washington, United Kingdom
“Definitely better for a takeaway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I've had wraps etc from here quite a few times and they're lovely, I would highly recommend them.
My most recent visit was the first time I've eaten in their newish dining section. It's really well decorated and the toilets have been recently refurbished so I was impressed by that.
I ordered the chicken kebab with rice but would have liked to have been able to substitute that for salad. I also ordered a yoghurt and cucumber dip and side salad which the waiter assured me was "huge" and more than enough for the two of us. It wasn't, not really, but judge for yourself. My friend ordered the lamb stew which was the daily special. The stew arrived and it had some lumps of pure fat in it and it was very runny and oily. Such a shame. The chicken was nice and there was so much rice that I couldn't eat more than half of it.
My friend enjoyed the doogh which was a bargain at only £1! The meal was really good value for money but not as tasty as other Persian restaurants in town, and as the only diners the place was lacking atmosphere. I would visit again, don't get me wrong, but the waiting staff could do with a little more pep!
I'm convinced some of the other reviews have been faked, there's too much repetition!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank PikaChar
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Really was a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Called in by pure chance as in the area. Had Dish of the Day which was grilled salmon. My friend had a selection of kebabs which were so tasty. Both served with rice, each rice was different. A huge glass of doogh went down a treat. I thoroughly recommend this little gem. Well worth a detour. Very good Persian food at a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2013