“Meant to be 70s/80s bar we were decieved” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flares

Flares
Southport, United Kingdom
“Meant to be 70s/80s bar we were decieved”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Me and my partner had a short break in newcastle i heard about this bar on the internet cant tell enough how disuappointed iwas to find it being a normal dance place no music from 70s/80s at all. The place was freezing we only stayed an hour then left it spoilt the night for me . Dont go if you are expecting the same as me.

Visited November 2013

Edinburgh
“How nice is that? :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was in Flares with friends Friday night and lost my bag. Some lovely folk helped me look but we couldn't find it. Went back in on Saturday afternoon and the really nice woman cleaning up was delighted to return it... laughing at me she told me It had been found pride of place in the middle of the dance floor :)

Visited October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“90's music on a Saturday!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I used to really enjoy going for a dance in Flares due to the genre of music played, the majority being 70's. However last night about 75% of the music was 90's. So if you are looking for a cheesy 90's bar this is the place to go.....yet don't expect much 70's or 80's on Saturday night.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jade664
Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Just the place to let your hair down and people watch. Good dance music, friendly staff and the place to be to finish the night off. Door fee weekends.
Bearing in mind after reading other people's comments, the place starts out clean but obviously there is no accounting for client's bad cleanliness!

Visited December 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Dont bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Down for a night out from town near Glasgow and this place had been recommended. Dont know why. The place was very much in need of new decor. Drinks are overpriced. Toilets are a disgrace. Totally stinking, not clean ,no attendant in ladies only in mens. I think there was just about as many toilets in the ladies without a seat.
We had prebooked a booth which was £30, DONT BOOK THIS. Everyone is dancing so seats are empty anyway. Didnt stay long, went somewhere better which was not hard to find.

Visited December 2012