“Shame I have to share this gem”

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel very regularly since the tail end of its refurbishment (over 3 months in the past year) and am loathe to write a review as I don't want too many people to know about it. This hotel is my option of choice when working in the area (even putting up with the city drive to get to Sunderland).

My most recent stay has surpassed my previous experience. I had a few little problems and after talking, not complaining, to the hotel about them they were immediately rectified and any other issues were pre-empted the staff are all down to earth but very friendly and make you feel at home but if you want to be left in peace that will happen, special mention to front of house.Hotel still looks spotless and rooms are well maintained and housekeeping do a great job.

I have to round up on Tripadvisor, which isn't a complaint but I wish I could award 4.6. The reason the Hotel drop the points is that that and food isn't perfect, it's not bad, it's just that ingredients are sometimes missed of the plate, and the food service area does not seem to fully commit to the attitude that the rest of the hotel has and does not realise that regulars are just looking for a place as close to home from home as possible. overall I minor point i can put up with in the main.

Overall a hotel you want to come back to again and again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Jesmond for one night for a business trip and was very impressed. The service was great - everyone I spoke to was very friendly and keen to help. First thing in the morning I discovered I had forgotten my razor, so I phoned reception and a new disposable one was provided within five minutes! Room was clean, not huge, but a decent size. Bed was very comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. Special mention needs to go to the massive walk in shower which was very powerful - always a big plus for me.

I also need to mention the restaurant which was attached to the hotel - Fratello's. Italian food - nothing out of the ordinary, but good down to earth food. In particular, the pizza I had was fantastic - anywhere that does a pizza with onion marmalade as a topping gets my vote!

Overall a great hotel which I would recommend, and I will definitely return next time I stay in Newcastle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

From all of us at the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond thank you for providing us with such a great review. I am please that you would recommend our hotel to others and we will be very please to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Hotel states it was 10min stroll from St James Park it took us 20mins running some of the way.It also said it was close to the Quayside it cost us seven pounds by taxi to get back to hotel. Music in our room from a private function was so loud we couldn't sleep. Worse nights sleep I have had for a long time, was very warm but when I opened window had noise from air con units. Reception staff didn't give us any information on hotel facilities, ask us if we wanted a newspaper or breakfast. I left a written complaint but have never received a reply from them. Very poor value for money it has put me off ever staying in a Holiday inn again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear DeaOldbury,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the location of our hotel and apologize for any inconvenience the noise caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed there for three nights from the 5th to 8th May. First time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn and was unsure what to expect. Friendly welcome and room was ready even though I checked in one hour early. Stayed in an Executive room which was very comfortbale and spotlessly clean. Partner is a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness and was very impressed. King Size bed (could fit four people in ) Not that i did. Spaious bathroom with seperate shower and bath dressing gowns and slippers and complimentary water orange juice and choclate. Two minutes walk from Metro station and five to ten minutes walk to bars and restaraunts in Jesmond.
Drinks very reasonably priced and food in the bar was good quality and half price. (this was not very well advertised however and would have eaten there more often if I had known.)
Only had breakfast once in Hotel which was godo quality with freiendly chatty service.All staff seem friendly and seem keen to ensure that ou are enjoying your visit to Newcastle. Seem to have pride in their city. Cleaners ere very efficient and also very pleasant . Alll in all an excellent stay and could find nothing to fault. I I do visit Newcastle again I would stay here no question at all.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for executive room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks taking the time to write such a lovely review, it is always nice to read such positive feedbaack which I will pass on to each department.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

nice room, well equipped and a nice overnight stay - hwoever I had a room at the back of the hotel, which intially felt a remote from the rest of the hotel, however not a problem. Nice food in the bar, very reasonable cost - but even better as half price! would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond, we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel and would highly recommend it. It's easy to find, situated within walking distance of Newcastle and has free onsite parking. It's also close to the Metro for anyone with walking difficulties. It is modern, spotlessly clean, and I found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful. The large bedroom was also spotlessly clean with a well stocked fridge, tea making facilities, iron/ironing board, plasma tv and a very comfortable bed.
The bar area is modern, comfortable and reasonably priced with really good entertainment (young modern singer). We only used the restaurant for breakfast, but I can highly recommend it. The buffet breakfast was excellently cooked with lots of choice and once again the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. I had a lovely time and would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

I appreciate you taking the time to post such a lovely review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. From all of us at the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Just had a really great weekend with 5 of my best friends in Newcastle. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Jesmond which is in a good location, within walking distance of the city centre, top class facilities and really friendly staff. The rooms are comfortable, modern and very clean.
After dinner we tried out some trendy bars nearby before returning to the hotel and enjoyed the rest of our evening in the newly refurbished bar listening to some live entertainment.
To finish off our weekend we had a delicious and hearty breakfast, just right to start the day off with before the long journey home. I would definately recommend this hotel for it's excellent service and value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Mant thanks for such a positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.