Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
US$79
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$63
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$102
US$79
HotelIndigo.com
US$88
US$72
Sandman Newcastle
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$114
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$61
Priceline
US$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$33
    All reviewscity centremini gymcomplimentary watermetro stationbusy roadosborne roadan italian restaurantfree car parkingkit katfree wifimain roadleave the carexecutive roomgood sizereception staffmodern hotelwalk in shower
    Reviewed 12 May 2012

Arrived early - room not ready - but receptionist was so nice and apologetic - could`nt get upset!!
    Room - very user friendly and immaculate.
    Best part was the approach and warmth of the staff - very pleasant and could`nt do enough to help.
    Breakfast - very good - pleasantly surprised - hot food was well cooked and HOT!
    Would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Paul B
    Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Many thanks for your positive review, it is always nice to hear great comments and hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond very soon.

Kind Regards

Amy Callanan

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed for one night with my husband on a trip to Newcastle.
    Staff we encountered were very friendly and pleasant. The hotel is on a very busy main road and I asked to move to a different room having had one look and listen at the scene out of the window. This was achieved with no fuss.
    The rest of the facilities are pretty business focussed and you know what you're going to get, so, no problem there.
    The only things I would say are that the bed was very soft so I had a poor night's sleep and the breakfast was not brilliant. It was OK but I felt that for £15, a little more imagination and content should be used to provide a really good breakfast.. As I say, it was OK.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, then don't have a front facing room as you will be overlooking a very busy main road.
    • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

I have responded to your review privately, Regards

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel very regularly since the tail end of its refurbishment (over 3 months in the past year) and am loathe to write a review as I don't want too many people to know about it. This hotel is my option of choice when working in the area (even putting up with the city drive to get to Sunderland).

My most recent stay has surpassed my previous experience. I had a few little problems and after talking, not complaining, to the hotel about them they were immediately rectified and any other issues were pre-empted the staff are all down to earth but very friendly and make you feel at home but if you want to be left in peace that will happen, special mention to front of house.Hotel still looks spotless and rooms are well maintained and housekeeping do a great job.

I have to round up on Tripadvisor, which isn't a complaint but I wish I could award 4.6. The reason the Hotel drop the points is that that and food isn't perfect, it's not bad, it's just that ingredients are sometimes missed of the plate, and the food service area does not seem to fully commit to the attitude that the rest of the hotel has and does not realise that regulars are just looking for a place as close to home from home as possible. overall I minor point i can put up with in the main.

Overall a hotel you want to come back to again and again

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Jesmond for one night for a business trip and was very impressed. The service was great - everyone I spoke to was very friendly and keen to help. First thing in the morning I discovered I had forgotten my razor, so I phoned reception and a new disposable one was provided within five minutes! Room was clean, not huge, but a decent size. Bed was very comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. Special mention needs to go to the massive walk in shower which was very powerful - always a big plus for me.

I also need to mention the restaurant which was attached to the hotel - Fratello's. Italian food - nothing out of the ordinary, but good down to earth food. In particular, the pizza I had was fantastic - anywhere that does a pizza with onion marmalade as a topping gets my vote!

Overall a great hotel which I would recommend, and I will definitely return next time I stay in Newcastle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
    Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

From all of us at the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond thank you for providing us with such a great review. I am please that you would recommend our hotel to others and we will be very please to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Amy Callanan

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Hotel states it was 10min stroll from St James Park it took us 20mins running some of the way.It also said it was close to the Quayside it cost us seven pounds by taxi to get back to hotel. Music in our room from a private function was so loud we couldn't sleep. Worse nights sleep I have had for a long time, was very warm but when I opened window had noise from air con units. Reception staff didn't give us any information on hotel facilities, ask us if we wanted a newspaper or breakfast. I left a written complaint but have never received a reply from them. Very poor value for money it has put me off ever staying in a Holiday inn again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
    IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear DeaOldbury,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the location of our hotel and apologize for any inconvenience the noise caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W