“Good location”

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Enjoyed our stay here for a family get together. The hotel is well located just a few minutes walk from the metro station and a few minutes in the other direction to a great restaurant (Peace and Loaf) plus some local shops. Although on a busy main road we were at the back of the hotel and were not troubled by traffic noise. Reception was efficient and a nice Geordie welcome. Breakfast was good (very nice bacon) but not amazing! We appreciated the free water, juice and chocolate biscuits in the room fridge - this was a great touch as was the choice of soft or firm pillows. Reasons for only 4 not 5 stars include: rooms had small windows and were rather dark, no body lotion in the toiletries, no choice of teas and the towels were somewhat thin/worn. Overall though we had a good stay and will return next time we visit Newcastle.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank quietlife
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Holiday Inn Newcastle Jesmond.

I am glad you had a wonderful experience in our hotel and found our staff helpful, I will also pass your comments to our breakfast chef.

We take all comments on board in order to improve the product and service we offer to all our guests and would like to apologize that you didn't get body lotion and the towels was worn out, I will make sure your feedback is passed to our Housekeeping Manager

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Front of House Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is really good. Nice, comfortable bar area and the restaurant (Fratello's) is good too. Price was better than expected for a typical Holiday Inn. Large, clean room and comfortable bed. Nice extra touches like complimentary water and orange juice in the fridge. Was quiet and I had a really good sleep. Buffet breakfast was very nice and service was good. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ElaineE64
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us!

I am glad that your liked our Fartello's restaurant, Bar area and enjoyed the breakfast, I will pass your lovely feedback to our breakfast chef.

We look forward to see you again in future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed for one night whilst working in the area. The hotel is in a great location for travelling around Newcastle. There is a free car park. My room was facing the main road but there was very little road noise. The rooms are great, large and well furnished. Would definitely stay here again.I didn't use the restaurant however it was very busy which is always a good sign.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank laura_jayne

Mant thanks for such a positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Front of House Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Visited here to fratellos for food 2 weeks ago, enjoyed it so much we came back to stay. Here in n,castle often and often stay in jesmond, this being our 3rd time in 2 months. Hotel very smart, only 200 yards from metro or 5-10 mins easy walk into town. Both Italian in hotel and bar food in hotel of a very high quality with something on the menu for all. The hotel rooms are large and very modern with big flat screen TVs and rainfall walk in showers. We will stay here again in April.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomturbo
Amy M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for all your positive comments!

We hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to the area! I will also pass your lovely comments to our restaurant team and to the chef.

Sachin shingal

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Jesmond previously, this particular visit I arrived late in the evening where I had a good welcome and offered a free drink and snack or points for being a IHG Rewards member, I opted for the points. I was also given a gratis activation code for the wifi.

No upgrades were possible for Platinum Status but I was given a fairly large room on the second floor with large bed, wall mounted TV with media hub, tea/coffee and biscuits, complimentary chocolate bars/water and juice in the mini bar. Bathrobes and slippers were supplied also.

The bathroom although on the small side was fine with a small selection of toiletries, bathtub and good shower. I like this hotel as it is a stones throw from Jesmond Metro, the staff are courteous and the rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

What a fantastic review! Thank you!

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back with us very soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just spent 4 nights at this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone contemplating staying in Newcastle, whether for business or pleasure. It's a little way out of the city centre but within easy walking distance which suited us. The rooms that my friend and I stayed in were clean, comfortable and quiet with easily adjusted heating systems. The bathrooms were great with a bath and two methods of showering! There were a number of complimentary items, from biscuits with the tea/coffee making facilitiles to bottled water in the 'fridge, all of which were replenished daily if required. The restaurant was excellent, as was the adjacent bar, and the staff in both were absolutely lovely. We didn't use the Terrace Bar, so can't comment on that, but it was never empty which would speak for itself. The reception staff were friendly and willing to help, although we found their area a little bare and uninviting.. Some tourist leaflets would have been useful, but there is a very good Tourist Information office in the city centre. All in all a very successful stay.

Room Tip: The hotel stands on a very busy road so ask for "quiet" rooms, as we did. We were put in r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Amy M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Wow! Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This very affordable hotel is directly accessible via the metro from the airport and is located barely 100 meters from the Jesmond station. It is one stop away from Haymarket which is at the top of the long pedestrian street with all the stores and shopping centers.

I did really like how the rooms are furbished, modern yet cosy. I also very much appreciate that on the bed you have two clearly labelled types of pillows, soft ones and firm ones, so you can chose what works best for you.

I stayed in two different rooms as unfortunately I had to move after the first night as the room was on top of the restaurant and I could hear their music until late as the ceiling/floor is very thing and not so well insulated. A bit of a shame because that first room had beautiful bathroom with a large walk-in shower. The front desk staff totally understood my problem and moved me to a room in the back.

The second room was slightly bigger but the bathroom was less nice than the first room's one and had a regular bathtub instead of a walk-in shower. The view was not particularly nice but at least it was very quiet so you can have a good sleep quality.

Breakfast if pre-booked the night before is 5£ cheaper than if just taken the same morning. Large choice of full English breakfast as well as some fruits, yoghurts and cereals. Very tasty!

The hotel also has a mini gym, literally one bench, three cardio training machines and several weights. It has fresh towels (so no need to bring yours) and complimentary water. The room is rather chilly though but that can come in handy while exercising as one won't overheat.

Apart from avoiding rooms on top of the restaurant, my only advice is to double check the bill when checking out. I told the front desk staff (though it was a trainee) that I did not take the breakfast the last morning and despite them saying it got taken off my bill, it still was and I ended up paying for it. My fault, I should have double checked the bill instead of running out. Aside from that, I would most likely go again to that hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Many thanks for supplying us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we take on board all comments made and use them to improve the product and service we provide to all of our guests in the future. I would like to apologise for the mix up the breakfast charges.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please e mail me your suitable contact number and I would be happy to assist you with the over paid charges. My e mail is foh@hinewcastle.co.uk