Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
US$79
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$61
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$63
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$102
US$80
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$113
Sandman Newcastle
US$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$33
    All reviewscity centremini gymcomplimentary watermetro stationbusy roadosborne roadan italian restaurantfree car parkingkit katfree wifimain roadleave the carexecutive roomgood sizereception staffmodern hotelwalk in shower
    Reviewed 12 April 2014

200 words are not needed as a few words say it all. Fantastic service, our dream day was AMAZING !
    Rooms were fab, several of our guests stayed over and nothing was a problem for the staff. Can't recommend enough !

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

What a fantastic review! Thank you!

I am so pleased that you had a wonderful wedding at our hotel and all the staff were helpful in making your wedding a magical experience.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will pass your lovely comments to all my staff. We wish you all the best for the wonderful years ahead and would love to see you sometime in future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights on business so hotel was pretty quiet at night being midweek.I was very happy with the hotel itself and staff. Room was spotless and well decorated with comfortable bed. Staff were helpful, with good service at breakfast which was a good selection.
    Easy 15 minute walk to the city centre but hotel has a bar and decent italian style restaurant if you want to stay in.
    Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for such a positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night.
    It was a mission to try to find my room and stupifidly signposted room numbers.
    The room itself was average size with a great bathroom.
    I was at the back of the hotel so had no view apart from a long corridor.
    The downfall for me had to be the breakfast. For holiday inn brand I expected more variety. More like a B&B.
    doesn't need a lot to make this a good hotel.
    Not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
    Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us, I am sorry that you encountered problems.

The hotel is made up of three listed buildings making it difficult to alter/change the layout of the bedrooms from when it used to be the Imperial hotel. Each bedroom does differ in size and layout in which cannot be amended easily.

I am sorry about the breakfast quality, we generally do get good response from guests for breakfast, but I will pass your comments to our breakfast chef.

I hope this would not put you off from staying at our hotel and if I can do anything in future to make your stay more satisfying please feel free to email me on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night (Saturday) it's a busy hotel but all the same standards are good , staff very friendly and helpful
    We had an exec room large and spacious with a large shower , very clean it was on the main road but very quiet . A lot mentioned the place to be noisy at night widen people coming back to the rooms and yes we heard people talking but I suppose it depends who is in the hotel at the time.
    It's a short taxi ride I town

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel suitable your needs. I will pass your lovely comments to our team.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My sister and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel over a weekend. It was supposed to be a special treat and an upgrade on our usual choice. We have very mixed feelings about the hotel.

To summarise:

We were given a double room, I’d asked for a twin – this may not have been their fault as I booked via Lastminute.com and they said they weren’t aware of this. We were upgraded to a bigger double bed for the first night and were switched to a twin for the following 2 nights. The staff did their utmost to help over a very busy weekend.

On Saturday there was a wedding at the hotel. I don’t like to spoil people’s special day but our whole room shook and vibrated until 1am in the morning – the bass was very strong. We rang and asked how long it would carry on at 11.30pm. I managed to doze a little, my sister did not.

Subsequent to this the people in the next room (who it turned out had been causing the hotel staff trouble all evening) were in out/in out of their room, banging doors and talking loudly until I ran out of patience and rang reception at 4am (I should have done it much earlier with hindsight). The duty manager came up and immediately tried to sort things out and everything calmed down after about 30 mins. Next morning the staff were very apologetic, my sister and I were exhausted. They refunded our previous day’s breakfast and gave me permission to have a meal for free in the evening (my sister left before this). They also implied that we should have that night’s accommodation refunded.

I contacted the front of house manager after returning home. He has unfortunately been very unhelpful – I was offered an upgraded future stay in the hotel or points – both of which are of no use to me. I was hoping for at least £65 refund – difference between room rate and what we were given in kind. I was just stonewalled at every turn.

He also didn’t like the fact I’d booked via another agent – but without doing this I would never have chosen Holiday Inn.

I also put my case to head office but they were apologetic and said they’d refer my complaint back to the hotel - not really interested.

It seems that the Holiday Inn Management don’t take customer’s complaints seriously – the staff were great but let down by management higher up. For this reason I won’t be staying in another of their hotels again – I am not a person who complains unless I feel totally justified, on the rare occasion that I do I like to be taken seriously. I will return to places such as Travel Lodge, Premier Inn and independent establishments who may be slightly more basic but have better respect for their customers.

Other comments:
    The hotel encourages weddings which can be noisy for other guests
    Hotel is a maze and quite tricky to find your way around
    Good location with plenty of parking
    On a busy road but very quiet inside
    Decent Italian restaurant
    Comfortable, spacious room and good en suite
    Breakfast not great – no pastries/croissants etc, very little fresh fruit – quite basic for a good quality hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid if looks very full. Ask if weekend function before you book. Ask for a room away from late night music. If there is noise from other guests complain sooner rather than later. If you have a problem sort it out with staff on the premises and don't expect co-operation from higher management.
    • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comment.

In response to your concern the duty manager and I compensated and tried his best to resolve the issue during your stay and you were satisfied when leaving the hotel. Unfortunately as per our conversation over phone, and via email I explained that we cannot refund third party booking.

I would once again like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.