“Excellent!!”

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
redcar
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here with friends to celebrate my wife's birthday in the city, we received excellent service throughout our stay and the hotel is in a great spot to enjoy what Newcastle has to offer. Will certainly be back

• Stayed April 2014
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Lymington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Recently stayed here for several nights.The location is excellent, being very close to the fabulous
Metro system.The airport was 20 minutes away which was handy too.The staff on the reception
desk each day were friendly and efficient and a special mention to Hankz who went the extra mile
to get me information about transport options in Newcastle and then delivered to our room.
Our bedroom was quiet and spotlessly clean.Food in the Italian restaurant proved popular with
guests and was fine.Also,the buffet breakfasts were good.The main bar was spacious but on most
nights was quiet.
There were however some communication breakdowns between staff.On 2 consecutive nights
I asked for my drink in the restaurant to be served without ice but got the opposite.On 2 mornings at breakfast I asked for a poached egg cooked hard but they came soft.In the bar
where we had a coffee after our meal I asked for hot milk and got cold.Also,the housekeeper
didnt provide our bedroom with sweetener one day.That said,it is a nice touch having a fridge
in the room with orange cartons,kit kats and bottled water provided each day.
Despite the staff issues it was a pleasant stay and very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will pass your lovely comments to Hengz and we appreciate your lovely comments.

I would like to apologize on behalf of our Food and Beverage team and will make sure our restaurant manager to re train the staff and pay attention to guests request.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Nice version of a stabdard corperate hotel. Restaurant expensive but good quality. Locality is well stocked with good value bars and restauaranrs. Freebies in the fridge, hot chocolate with the tea and coffee and comfortable beds.
Ideal for business with slick reception staff ensuring your trip goes well

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for a 2 night business trip while working in Gateshead. The hotel was easy to find with excellent free covered parking on site. The appearance and reception areas are nice and welcoming and the reception staff were friendly. As a few people have mentioned, some of the rooms are fairly small by modern standards and my front facing room was no exception. However the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and modern and the secondary glazing did cut out most of the noise from the busy road outside. I didn't have any food from the restaurant in the evening but the self serve breakfast was excellent and the staff were brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room is you are a light sleeper. Remember that the hotel is on a busy main road!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here at the end of April for business. I've not stayed in holiday inns for a long time and I was surprised how good this place is. I was working from quorum business park and it was a short can ride. It's probably a bit longer into town but there is a more central holiday inn if you need location location location! The room was nice, clean, a nice touch was kit kats, water and orange juice! Free! In a fridge! You know what it's like, always time for a snack after work before dinner! The hotel has 2 bars and a restaurant....the restaurant food is great, maybe a little overpriced for the area but if you want to stay on site it's worth it. The wifi is of good strength and the breakfast was buffet and of good quality, although the beans I waited for but never got :(. All the staff were really friendly.....actually some of the best hotel staff I've encountered. I checked out and they got me a taxi with no sweat. I hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed April 2014
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
What a fantastic review! Thank you!

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back with us very soon!

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights for a stag-do with 9 other guys. Despite this, the reception staff were pleasant and showed me to a perfectly pleasant room with good natural light, a comfy bed and good bathroom facilities. I was expecting a travellodge-type experience but this was much better.

Hotel bar was nice and stayed open 'til late.

All in all, perfect for the purpose.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TCW_CI
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
What a fantastic review! Thank you!

Skibbereen, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here from 17 the April 2014 for 4days ,hotel was excellent from the friendly staff ,to the great breakfast buffet.a short 10 min walk to the city center and st James park if you like football,or 15 to 20 walk to the millennium bridge and the river Tyne and the cruises on the river.the Eldon shopping center is just as you enter the city center and a must for the shopping fanatic newcastle is a vibrant city and the people and among the friendliest I have encountered on my travels the hotel is very good and I have no hesitation on recomming it

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel suitable your needs. I will pass your lovely comments to our team.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.