All reviews city centre complimentary water metro station busy road free car parking osborne road an italian restaurant kit kat small gym mini fridge executive room leave the car good size reception staff modern hotel business trip quiet room
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here will colleague for two nights on dinner b and b basis. Hotel facilities are great and the refurbished rooms are very good. Is quite a treck into the city of that's why you are staying there.
We checked out in a bit of a hurry as going to a meeting, later in the day checked my bills and had to call twice as they had charged for dinner food that was included and we ate in the bar one night against an allowance which was also charged for, staff did not know how to work the till !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to post a review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I would like to apologize that a mistake was made from our restaurant on posting dinner charges on your room bill. I will speak to my restaurant manager to make sure that re training is done to avoid any inconvenience in the future.

However If I remember correct I spoke to you on the day and adjustments was made to your charges.
If you need any further assistance in regards to your bill please feel to contact me at any point of time, my email is foh@hinewcastle.co.uk

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Rooms are very nice. It's on a main road but not too far from newcastle city centre in a cab. Hotel restaurant is definitely not worth a visit, average prices but food is poor quality. The staff are not very pleasant I found, as I am a Holiday Inn member I had arranged a late checkout previously, however I had the most horrid little woman knock on my door to ask me why I had not checked out, followed by a number of phone calls to the room, until they eventually apologised and advised they had forgot to note that a late checking was arranged. However to be honest I was really annoyed at that point because they had ruined a very well needed sleep in after a night out in Newcastle! I thought the hotel was really nice but I simply wouldn't return based on that experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on the day of your departure and housekeeping was knocking at your door and calling to check for your departure. I will speak to the housekeeping manager in relationship to your concern.

I am sorry about the experience you had and about your decision of not coming back to our hotel, however if you change you mind and do come please email me personally on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk and I can assure you we will do are best to make sure you have a wonderful experience in our hotel on your next stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

It's been a long while since staying in a Holiday Inn....we were very surprised. Nice sized room, decor with everything you need. Great customer service from housekeeping to front of house. Nice touch of complimentary drinks and chocolate!! Will certainly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

It had been a while since I stayed in a holiday inn and to be honest in wasn't expecting much!
However I was very pleasantly surprised, these staff were very friendly, helpful and just delightful. The room was clean and well presented, and the restaurant was very good too. We had a lovely meal and the staff were very good here too the is obviously a very good management structure! I genuinely look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for just one night while on a business trip. It is located only a few minutes walk from Jesmond Metro station. All the hotel staff I met were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is up to date and kept very clean and tidy. My room on the second floor had a non descript view of the back of the hotel but it was quiet. The rooms at the front of the hotel could possibly be a little noisier as the road is a fairly busy one. I was pleased with the level of comfort provided in the room. The bed was firm and a choice of soft or firm pillows were on the bed upon arrival. I was pleasantly surprised to discover two complimentary kit kats and two bottles of water in the fridge and a decent selection of biscuits. The tv was up to date and had all the usual channels you'd expect in a hotel. The A/C unit rattled a bit which could be an issue if you wanted it on, which I didn't anyway.
The hotel has an Italian restaurant called Fratello's and another bar / diner as well as another separate bar. All looked inviting but I opted for the Italian. I was served by Rachel who was extremely friendly and attentive and was happy to assist diners with their choices, when required. The lamb rump frikasee was extremely tasty together with buttered new potatoes and mixed veg. The warm choclate fudge cake was a delight. All that together with a bottle of j2O came to £29 which I thought was very reasonable given that the portions were quite large.
The buffet breakfast is the standard breakfast for most hotels and this didn't disappoint. Plenty on offer although I was a little disappointed not to see some dried fruit to put on cereal but that's a very minor thing.
No doubts that when I'm next in Newcastle I'll be booking into this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business