All reviewscity centrecomplimentary watermetro stationbusy roadfree car parkingosborne roadan italian restaurantkit katsmall gymmini fridgeexecutive roomleave the cargood sizereception staffmodern hotelbusiness tripstayed for one night
Reviewed 3 July 2014

No additional charge for parking. We had a room to the side of the hotel and it was quiet with no internal or external noise disturbance. Would have given a higher rating, but washbasin sink was cracked and when it was reported reception said "they would inform housekeeping". HOUSEKEEPING CLEANED THE WASHBASIN BEFORE WE WERE ALLOCATED THE ROOM!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members. I am really sorry regarding the basin been cracked and will speak to our maintenance manager to look into it as a matter of urgency.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our son got married here this week end and it was like clockwork it all went so well once we stopped getting lost and nvigated the maze of Newcastle getting there, the organisation was spot on and the meal at the reception was lovely 75 guests all looked after for the day by very accomodating staff . Susan sorted the bookings over the phone and i appreciated her patience with me as it was a bit complicated with 5 seperate bookings for family members .. bar prices are very fair for an hotel as well ............ one niggle was i asked for a room with a walk in shower as i can't get in a bath ! . and didn't get one but one of the grandkids did so i used his ! ' ah well it worked out in the end !!! this was the race w/end in newcastle so they were very full 27 -6 2014 oh yes room 124 doesn't have the best of views

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members. However I would like to apologize regarding the walk in shower but I am glad it all worked out for you.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I always feel that I should give a hotel two tries before deciding if I will use it again. That way, I can discuss any problems with them, and hopefully, it will all be sorted the next time. I wish that was the case with the Holiday Inn on Jesmond Road!

On arrival, I found a trainee receptionist on duty. Considering it was early evening, this seemed to be a case of use the less experienced employee because there wasn't any reason to make an effort. I was told that I had to pay in full for my room on check-in, something which I encounter in budget hotels. The explanation seemed to be that because of a few non-payers, everyone, including people like me who spend 8-10 nights a month in the IHG chain hotels, are treated as potential non-payers.

I had booked a superior room. Despite explaining that I had a back problem, no assistance was offered with my bags, after a more senior colleague came out when I asked about the number of steps to the room. This hotel is a bit like the proverbial rabbit warren, as I knew from previous stays. I was given directions to my room only.

At the moment, IHG are giving extra reward points to their Platinum members. This hotel has chosen to offer a 20% discount in Fratello's, their onsite restaurant. Fine, if you arrive in time to eat, which I didn't, so no extra points. Again, I was not impressed, as this ignores a corporate benefit, and demonstrates that they don't value loyal IHG customers.

Two of the lights in my room didn't work, but by then I was that tired, I really didn't care.

Breakfast was OK, which was why this place receives at least a 'poor' rating, as everything else dragged it down.

The only reason I used this hotel was because it was on the way out of Newcastle, and I was attending a meeting on that side of town. However, that possible convenience is outweighed by the quality of stay. Next time, I will use my usual hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne, the Staybridge Suites, and not risk a poor night's experience again.

Room Tip: Use another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good Afternoon Ms Pilsworth

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay at the Holiday Inn Jesmond.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests especially from our IHG Elite members enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the guest feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
I would like to apologise that you were not offered assistance with your luggage as its ours standard procedure to ask each and every guests if they would like assistance after upon check in, I can assure your I will retrain the member of staff and make sure all are fully care of customer needs and expectations. In regards to pre authorization I would like to bring to your kind attention that reason we do pre authorization upon check is because the account then can be left open for guests to post things to their room, as if not the system automatically locks and does not allow anything to be posted which sometime cause inconvenience for the guests as then they have to pay on purchase of any extras at the point of sale and it’s a standard procedure for all IHG hotels across the board. Moreover points for extra are only credited to account when any purchases are posted to bedroom and settled on departure.
In regards to your points I can see from the system that your Elite Bonus Points which is offered upon arrival of 500 was credited to your account, however if you feel and have any further query with regards to points please feel to email me on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk and I will be more than happy to investigate the missing points.
I would also like to bring to your kind attention that we take great care that all our elite members are recognised upon arrival by our front desk team and are offered 500 points or welcome gift along with other offers.
If you need any further assistance please feel to contact me at any point of time on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk in the meantime please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay and hope if you happen to stay again with us we will make sure you do not encounter inconsistence in service from our hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here twice now our second being new years ever fantastic hotel very modern and boutique not what I expected . from holiday inn pleasantly surprised and food in restaurant is 10 out of 10 ate here both times will be visiting again next year.

Staff were amazing girls on reception went over and beyond even letting us borrow there eye brow kit as we left outs at home. If only all staff were this friendly.

This is the service you expect when staying five star and paying twice the price would not doubt to recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members, specially to the girls at reception.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were planning to visit the north-east, had selected Newcastle upon Tyne as the best location (we were flying from Cardiff to Newcastle Airport, would be meeting people in Hexham, Tynemouth and Cullercoats). A good choice of hotels available but Tripadvisor narrowed the search nicely - we chose the Holiday Inn, Jesmond. It proved ideal! We appreciated the free parking on-site for our hired car, checking-in was easy, restaurant and bar had stopped serving food at 9pm but we found the local convenience store nearby and bought something to eat. One evening we had a tasty bar snack at the hotel.

Good value accommodation, especally if like us you prefer not to be in the city. It was nice and quiet (ask for a room at the back), you could easily open the bedroom window for fresh air, and the air conditioning was also efficient and quiet. Only one criticism: whoever designed the dressing table mirror didn't try sitting on the chair and looking in the low narrow oblong mirror, while using the hairdryer which as permanently attached to the wall under the top. My wife might have been able to see in this mirror to do her hair if she had knelt on the floor - with a painful knee? There was a full-length mirror available, which was appreciated. Nice choice of pillows, comfortable bed and everything immaculate. We liked the full English breakfast, prepaid at £10 each, and the staff were helpful at all times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

In regards to your comments about the room mirror I would like to apologize about the design, however to tackel the problem we have free standing desk mirrors for guests use behind reception, my team would be more than hapy to provide one for you next time you happen to be in our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!