All reviews city centre complimentary water metro station busy road free car parking osborne road an italian restaurant kit kat small gym mini fridge executive room leave the car good size reception staff modern hotel business trip quiet room
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Free wifi
Large towels
Clean & well decorated

Disappointed by -
Small rooms with small bed
Pokey en-suites
kept awake by loud snoring of person in next room
All pillows seemed firm

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your time and posting a review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I would like to apologize that you were disturbed by the noise from the other room. I would also like to bring to your kind attention that are rooms vary in size depending on location of the room in the hotel, but most of our executive rooms are bigger in size, I would therefore would like to recommend our superior rooms if size and more spacious rooms is what you prefer.

I am happy that you found our hotel suitable to your needs and location easy and convenient with free parking and free wireless internet which is one of the many perks our brand provides to IHG rewards member.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel when your plans bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. Parking was free in the hotels own covered car park. Check in was fast and easy, was given keycard to room 123, Room was fairly compact, however was very modern, clean and attractive, had all the things that you would expect, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, fridge,bottled water,chocolate bars,large LCD TV with HDMI/USB connection,work desk, air con and good quality power shower.This room overlooked a flat roof so no view to look out onto but for the purpose was excellent. The hotel has a nice lounge area with a restaurant next door, it also had a bar just off reception area. The communal areas of this hotel are very modern, clean and overall in my opinion very nice. Toiletries were provided in the bathroom. Breakfast was very nice, one of my favourite hotel breakfasts that i've had the pleasure of eating, the orange juice was of a superior quality to that of most hotels, toast was cooked to order by the waitress and then the rest was the usual buffet, however everything was cooked perfectly and good quality produce. If I was in this area again I would have no doubt whatsoever than to book this hotel again, thanks for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Its a city centre hotel so don't expect a room with a view and you will be happy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The twin rooms are are on the small side, but very modern and clean with USB, HDMI connection as well as WI FI. Bathroom as with the room, small but excellent facilities, good powerful shower. Room size shouldn't be a problem for most visitors and there maybe larger rooms available. There is a good buffet style breakfast as well as two bars, one large in a pub style format.

Room Tip: During the working week the road on the front of the hotel is extremely busy especially in the early morning, avoid front bedrooms if you can, this didn't apply over the weekend.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel last month and had a great stay! The staff were lovely, they were all very friendly and gave us some good tips for night out in the 'toon' as they call it.
Breakfast was lovely, great price and great location.

Nice and clean and rooms were very spacious.

Will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle! and hope you had a lovely night out of the toon....

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The staff in reception were very friendly and efficient. They sent more staff to the counter if there was a queue, which always pleases me as it shows they are thinking of the customers.
My room was very clean and had all the facilities, including toiletries which makes the experience all the nicer.
The room was quiet at night, once the traffic of guests had stopped.
I ate in my room. Room service menu is pretty limited, especially if you are staying more than 1 night. I would also say it is very expensive, with a tray charge of £4.50 - one of the steepest I have experienced on my travels.
Breakfast has a very good selection to choose from, but seems like pretty standard fare. Perhaps I missed any extra offerings, but I couldn't see any further options - such as porridge.
In all, I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room. The room I got was very good, but there were a lot of doors outside it, so it may be possible to get a quieter one if you ask.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business