All reviews city centre complimentary water metro station busy road free car parking osborne road an italian restaurant small gym kit kat mini fridge main road executive room leave the car good size reception staff modern hotel business trip
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Good location for Osbourne Road bars etc and Jesmond in general. Access to city centre very good, Taxi, Metro or walk. Found Taxi the best. Priced very well and rooms good with great service (and free parking). Definitely will stop again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for three nights. The room was satisfactory. I think the rooms on the other side of the hotel (West side) are generally better, but no real problems apart from the wifi which was intermittent. ( Again it seems better on the West side). There was a function on, on the first night, but we heard no noise. There was a function on, on the second night, but again we heard no noise.
Breakfast in the restaurant was good. We ate in the restaurant twice - good dining on both occasions.
The ambience of the hotel is fine internally. However if they are looking to do any refurbishment, the seating area outside could do with a bit of thought. Red chairs, purple pots and pretend grass placed right next to the main road. But there were plenty of people enjoying it over the weekend so who am I to criticise?

Room Tip: West side rooms are better - but they only have a shower - no bath - I think.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

First of all what irritated me badly was the booking. I phoned en route to Newcastle. The lady was unfriendly. She told me to note the booking ref down, I asked her to text me this but apparently, in 2014, this isn't possible.
Room was average , good amenities. Coffees expensive. Breakfast friendly but nothing amazing. Hotel modern and clean, free parking but turning right outside hotel very difficult.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your time posting your comments for our hotel Holiday Inn Jesmond-

I would like to apologize that you found the reservation unhelpful, but unfortunately we do not have facility in our system to send text messages for the confirmations, however we can send email for your reservation number and would like to sincerely apologize if this was not offered to you.

I hope you enjoyed the hotel facilities and would look forward to welcome you in future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

When I am in Newcastle I try and stay at the Jesmond Holiday Inn as it is convenient for town and university. It is good value for money and easily booked on line. Nice clean and tidy hotel. Rooms comfortable with fridge, tv, coffee/tea, etc. and good bar and restaurant. Friendly staff and modern approach. My only minor gripe is the air conditioning which despite throwing out cold air wasn't able to keep the room cool enough for me!

Room Tip: Good choice of rooms usually available - I have never had a bad one!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Free wifi
Large towels
Clean & well decorated

Disappointed by -
Small rooms with small bed
Pokey en-suites
kept awake by loud snoring of person in next room
All pillows seemed firm

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your time and posting a review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond!

I would like to apologize that you were disturbed by the noise from the other room. I would also like to bring to your kind attention that are rooms vary in size depending on location of the room in the hotel, but most of our executive rooms are bigger in size, I would therefore would like to recommend our superior rooms if size and more spacious rooms is what you prefer.

I am happy that you found our hotel suitable to your needs and location easy and convenient with free parking and free wireless internet which is one of the many perks our brand provides to IHG rewards member.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel when your plans bring you back to the area.