All reviewscity centrecomplimentary watermetro stationbusy roadfree car parkingosborne roadan italian restaurantkit katsmall gymmini fridgeexecutive roomleave the cargood sizereception staffmodern hotelbusiness tripstayed for one night
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were so impressed with our one-night stay here! We managed to book a double room for £60 (for a Thursday evening) and we were really impressed with the standard of the staff and the hotel in general.

We were checked in by a friendly and welcoming member of staff and were able to access our room much earlier than the usual 2pm. The room was immaculately clean and decorated in a modern style, with plenty electricity points and equipment including a hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The TV was modern with plenty channels and we had complimentary drinks and biscuits from the mini bar. We'd forgotten toothpaste so after a quick call to reception, we were provided some free of charge.

The bed was comfortable and the black out curtains were a welcome addition to help us with a sleep in!

Parking is free at the hotel which is great too, and you can have breakfast although we didn't - it's £10 per person if you want to add it to your rate.

All in all, a smooth, enjoyable stay and we wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel again!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I will make sure your comments are passed to all our team members.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you back to Newcastle!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights for a weekend trip to visit family in the area. The stay was comfortable and pleasant.The hotel looks quite new, which makes a good first impression as you check in. The staff were friendly and professional. The rooms were really clean and new. They offered a choice of firm and soft pillows and a small menu of additional pillows that you can request - a nice touch and surprising for what I would consider to be a budget brand (Holiday Inn). The room was air conditioned and had a nice modern LCD TV and free orange juice/water/kitkats (nice surprise!). The breakfast was quite nice, good level of table service and the buffet spread was decent quality. Although a new hotel, the build quality and finishing touches were not so good. Fittings and finishing touches within the room was rough and messy (messy sealant all over the bathroom trimmings, even making up large spaces where a tile should have been). But all of this is forgiven given the price paid for. The location of the hotel isn't as central as thought, a 15 minute walk to the centre of Newcastle, however it is only a 3 minute walk to Jesmond Metro station. Overall I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is a pretty decent standard.
I've stayed a number of times and the rooms do vary considerably in size and shape, some with a bath, most with just a shower. If you have a preference you should ask. If you have IHG status you ought to get an upgrade unless the hotel is full.
The bedrooms are generally quite dark, with small windows. The rooms at the front get noise from the road outside.
But, its modern and reasonably well maintained. Its also quite convenient as it is just a short walk to the metro station which connects to the city centre (just one stop) and to the airport.
As mentioned elsewhere it does also have free parking but the space can be tight and busy.
Get a decent price and I think you will be satisfied for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sachin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your time and writing a review on Holiday Inn Jesmond

I am glad that you found the location of the hotel suitable to your needs. As a loyal IHG guests we try our level best on all occasion to upgrade out Gold and Platinum elite members when the hotel is not fully booked and also offer welcome amenity for your loyalty. I would like to sincerely apologize if this was missed on this occasion. Please feel to email me on your next visit on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk and I will personally make sure that the room you been allocated is a superior room.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Nice setting and good parking off road made this a nice hotel to visit.
The reception staff were great and very helpful with the events lady looking after me to an excellent standard while I was holding a training session in the Jesmond room for business.

Very clean and very quiet atmosphere within the hotel with very approachable staff apart from one gentleman who seemed to look down at me when I asked a question but the other staff were indeed a great advert for the hotel.

Many thanks for a pleasant time with you !!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel is that rare commodity; free parking which obviously is a fantastic feature.
On our arrival we were checked in and allocated our room on the first floor. We were a bit disappointed, it was dark and overlooked a brick wall and numerous air conditioning units.
The room was clean, but the bathroom a bit small. Our big gripe, was the bed. It had a 'V' in the middle that we both rolled into. Not good.
Breakfast was averagely ok.
The hotel itself is within easy walking distance of the city centre.
I try to be careful with my reviews of hotels. A cheap B&B is never going to be as good as a 5 star city hotel, and you need to be aware of that. Likewise, this hotel certainly isn't the most expensive in the area, and as a consequence the facilities cannot be expected to be as good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your time posting your comments for our hotel Holiday Inn Jesmond-

I would like to apologize that you found our rooms not satisfactory, if you happen to be in our hotel please email or call us and ask for a higher floor room and we would be more than happy to assist you.

More over I am glad that you found the location of the hotel good and close to city.

We look forward to welcome you in future.

Sachin shingal