All reviews city centre complimentary water metro station busy road free car parking osborne road an italian restaurant small gym kit kat mini fridge executive room leave the car good size reception staff modern hotel business trip quiet room
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in June as I was attending an event at St James’ Park.

The hotel has free onsite parking but the spaces are limited the later you arrive.

We queued a little while to check in but nothing too bad and reception staff were helpful.

The room was fine. Good black out curtains and no traffic noise from the room we were in. The lamp looked like it has been thrown around the room a bit though! It was nice to have some bottled water, orange juice and chocolate in the fridge.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Eds123,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments after your stay with us.

We appreciate all of our guests comments and take what we can to make improvements.

We hope to welcome you back

Jessica
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night and all fine. Excellent staff, location food and drink, room well equipped. Car parking on site and within 15 mins walk up Jesmond Road for range of bars, restaurants etc but an excellent hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jessica M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Ray131262,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond and taking the time to tell us about your stay

I am pleased to see we met your expectations and hope to welcome you back again

Jessica
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Up in Newcastle for a few days so used my IHG points to stay here.

It was a quiet weekend so they upgraded us to an Executive room. A bit of a long and winding route to get there but spacious room with a massive bed, decent desk and a couple of armchairs.

The restaurant is an Italian themed affair. Despite not being many diners the food did take some time to be served. A bit pricey but I had a discount voucher that made the cost OK. Breakfast usual excellent Holiday Inn selection.

Wifi speed was not great - measured it at 1.5MB on fast.com. But EE hotspot allowed 45 MB speed.

Free car parking.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica M, Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Guest, ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments after your recent stay with Holiday Inn Newcastle – Jesmond.

I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate all guest feedback and look at where we can improve our guest experience.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

H.Fardoust
FOH Assistant Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2018

My review is not connected to the accommodation as we did not stay however I am rating the breakfast. On 20 April 2018 we had a meeting to arrange a farewell breakfast for international visitors attending my daughters wedding. We were shown the venue promised table clothed table for 24 guests, we paid in full in advance. I confirmed 2 weeks ago and assured all was as promised.

On arrival this morning I found we were placed in the guests area (not the promised side venue) my guests were spread over three tables (not the single long table as arranged) no preparation to our request and to crown it they could only accommodate 16 guests not the 24 booked and paid for.

When I lost my rag I was told this set up was their instructions - I requested the duty manager who agreed to set up what was originally agreed on - the result was a very upset daughter who was unable to greet eveybody let alone enjoy her breakfast before needing to leave to catch the honeymoon flight.

Once we were seated we were then forgotten about and I needed to request used plates to be cleared, new cutlery etc.

It was clear not one minute was spent in preparation never mind execution and this spoilt a brilliant wedding weekend never mind mentioning embarrassing me with international guests which have a poor reflection on holiday inn.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jessica M, Conference and Events Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Mr H Tepper,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments after your recent visit to Holiday Inn Newcastle – Jesmond.

After taking the time to speak with our Food and Beverage team who attended to your event on the day and our Sales team. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused on the day. As I believe a separate area was set up for you on the day, some of your guests arrived early and were seated in this area, however I do understand that this was not the requested or agreed. To my knowledge this was turned around by the team to what had been originally agreed and was somewhat solved on the day.

I do understand how this effected your day and from this we deeply apologise.
We would like to contact you directly to discuss this matter.

Thomas,

Conference and Events Sales Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The Holiday Inn was recommended to me by a colleague who has used it a number of times. Well, what can I say, it's good for a Holiday Inn, the staff are friendly & helpful & there's off street parking available. Breakfast is nothing special, just the usual fayre. The restaurant is comfortable and the Italian menu is good. Prices are reasonable.
The hotel is well situated within a 5 minute walk of the Metro, so you can get most places easily. It's also within easy walk of Osborne Road where there are a number of good restaurants. However, if you are looking for a local shop or cash machine, it's quite a trek & if you want a pub, the best place to start is the Metro. There's nothing in Jesmond although there are bars situated in some hotels.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay with good transport connections and not too far from the city centre. My only gripe, is that the water in the hotel tastes a bit odd. I assume they use some kind of water filtration but even the coffee in the morning had an unpleasant tang to it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee H
Jessica M, Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Lee ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was great to hear that the location of the hotel was ideal for your visit to the city.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience.

We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

H.Fardoust