I just got back from staying 1 night and was not happy at all. Being a platinum member, I supposedly got their best room. There was no clock and the tv did not work neither did the flush. If you came in after midnight there did not seem to be anybody at the front desk. Next day, I could not take a shower as there was no hot water. That night when I came in the room , the bathroom was a mess because the shower could not stop dripping. It dripped all night, the duty manager called could not fix it as no maintenance staff on site, very poor! No wake up call as there was nobody at the front desk late at night a roomchange was not offered. Probably the poorest Holiday Inn I have stayed at. The reception staff were not particularly helpful when we checked in and on Friday. The Pool is void of character, atmosphere and in need of a serious make over. Saturday morning the staff at breakfast were more interested in chatting to each other about their Friday night antics than they were about serving the guests, the food quality at breakfast was poor and cold! I probably will stay at the new Holiday Inn Jesmond in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded 4 Stars in 2016 and again in 2017 we are proud also to say that our leisure club has completed a full refurbishment and is ready for you to enjoy. News update that Wi-Fi is now Free at 5Mbps. With 151 4 Star spacious bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom, Tea & Coffee making facilities, telephones, remote control flatscreen TV and hairdryer. Some rooms have walk-in showers - please ask to guarantee. Should you require an even higher standard of comfort, the hotel has 40 Executive bedrooms offering an excellent range of luxuries to make your stay that bit more special - bathrobes, slippers, water, chocolate, safe and fridge. In April & May 2013 our lounge, restaurant, bar and toilets had a full refurbishment - check out our photos. Our in house Spa team offer relaxing treatments using Elemis products with and ladies don't pass on the opportunity of LA Tips or Jessica nails - to avoid disappointment please book in advance ( products correct at Aug 2017). WE NOW HAVE A LIFT ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn