Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle North(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
All reviewsseaton burnexecutive roomswimming pooltwo double bedssauna and steam roomgosforth parkcoach partyno liftair conthe ground floorgood sizeleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffbuffet stylepublic areascity centrefamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I was a bit disappointed with this hotel. Had to ask for a bathroom towel to be changed when I arrived as it had unknown marks on it. Crumbs on bed and a tissue under bed found leftover from previous occupant. Coffee marks not cleaned from furniture, and remained that way for the duration of our stay. Restaurant furniture looking a bit tired and dated. They did begin to refurbish the reception area while we were there.

On the plus side, staff were helpful and friendly. Plenty of room in the carpark. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
gm_hinewcastle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Thank you for your constructive review. It is rare to recieve anything bar positive comments regarding the bedroom cleanliness (normally a key strength of the hotel), with your points duly noted and actioned. Since your stay, the reception, lounge, bar and main function rooms have been fully refurbished (during September 2011). Finally, your positive comments on the standard of guest service were much appreciated. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

A typical Holiday Inn hotel. Clean, friendly, welcoming staff. Room not over large and the heating radiator was hidden by the curtains - the room warmed up quickly once it was found, exposed & turned on. The restaurant was good and we were accommodated rapidly when we arrived at 21:15 & asked for a cooked supper, not over priced either. Good breakfast with good choice. My only gripe, & this is common in all HI hotels in the UK, is having to pay for broadband. The prices are extortionate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Many thanks for the positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. The internet charging policy is centrally dictated, although at this hotel we do offer free 30 minute vouchers which can be used in the lounge area. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I have just booked up at the holiday inn Seaton Burn for my sixth year in a row. Staff there are always attentive and customer service never faulters.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. The Executive twin gives you huge comfy beds. Bathrooms are spotless and modern.
The breakfast is buffet style and food a pleanty,The car park is secure and pleanty of spaces to the front and rear,
Excellent postion for a drive to the metro centre...or try The Snowy Owl , Cramlington for traditional country pub.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
gm_hinewcastle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your last stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

my husband and myself stayed here on friday nite we were there for the dirty dancing tribute it was a fantastic nite the hotel was lovely food room everything nothing negative at all thankyou

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
gm_hinewcastle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us this past weekend, around the Dirty Dancing tribute night (always a great atmosphere at these). I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stayed here for one night. The room was clean, the staff were very friendly and the food was good. Perfectly located for the A1. Nothing negative to report from my stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
gm_hinewcastle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.