Recently spent two nights here on a brief visit to Newcastle.I asked for a quiet room away from any hens and stags,as we were there on a Friday, and we were not woken in the night, but were disturbed in the morning with the noise in the corridor.Our room had an interconnecting door .Unfortunately we were next to a guest with a very loud tv, the sound travelled through the door.Luckily my husband falls asleep easily, and I took my earplugs, which helped a little
We had two double beds and choice of pillows.Bed was a little on the hard side for my back,but husband didn't complain.The blackout curtains would have been better if they had fitted better.The heater took a long time to heat the room ,it was quite cold when we arrived and the window had been left open.
The bathroom was clean and bright,however our bath was not cleaned after our first night.Towels are not very large and not very thick.
Location is quite a distance out of Newcastle,and if visiting Newcastle centre for an evening out, taxi could be expensive .Also the hotel is nearby major roads ,and not much else.Remember to get a token for the car park barrier,we weren't told on check in.
We have stayed here a few years ago,not much has changed since then. It was a fair price as we booked last minute, but could have stayed at an alternative hotel and had breakfast included,for the same price.Don't expect luxury, but not bad if the price and location suit, and some noise doesn't bother you.There is a bar, restaurant and very small pool, which we didn't use but they looked pleasant .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded 4 Stars in 2016 we are proud also to say that our leisure club has completed a full refurbishment and is ready for you to enjoy. News update that Wi-Fi is now Free. With 151 4 Star spacious bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom, Tea & Coffee making facilities, telephones, remote control flatscreen TV and hairdryer. Some rooms have walk-in showers. Should you require an even higher standard of comfort, the hotel has 40 Executive bedrooms offering an excellent range of luxuries to make your stay that bit more special. In April & May 2013 our lounge, restaurant, bar and toilets had a full refurbishment - check out our photos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn