Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Travelodge Newcastle North(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
Travelodge Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Metro Inns Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
1,122 results
All reviewsthe executive loungechats barrace coursesteam roomleisure clubleisure centrebus stoppublic areassaturday nightduty managerpleasant stayroom was spotlessstandard roombuffet stylecar parkfollowing morningtea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Had 2 rooms over the weekend. Pre check in service was very good, with emails from the hotel asking if there were any special requests & offering an interconnecting room, plus they extended check out to 1pm free of charge. Nice, clean rooms, but in one the air con didn't work & despite turning the radiator off it blasted out heat. The staff tried to fix it but to no avail, however they didn't actually offer to do anything other than get a fan. They also had to get us a new remote. Would have thought at a 4* hotel these things would not have cropped up. The hotel was packed for Valentine's weekend, and we were pretty tired after a 4 1/2 hour drive, so we didn't ask to change rooms. Had room service dinner which was actually very nice & the film package (£9.50 for 3 films) was good value & helped keep my daughter entertained. Beds were fabulously comfy! The really disappointing thing with the hotel was the chaos at breakfast. The restaurant was red hot, packed, staff running around with too many people to look after, buffet food was running out and twice I had to queue whilst the stock was replenished. The staff seemed overwhelmed. I just don't find it good enough to have an experience like this at a 4* hotel. It's a real shame as the hotel itself is lovely & in the exact area I need to be to visit family. Having said all of that, I would return but would not want to pay the going rate for the rooms, they just didn't seem worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014
janice_davison, Executive Personal Assistant at Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Whilst we were very pleased to learn of the positive elements of your stay, we were equally concerned to learn of the shortcomings experienced. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring these matters to our attention as this now allows us the opportunity to remedy all concerns.

Your breakfast experience falls short of our normal high standards and I would ask that you accept our apologies for the disappointing elements of your stay with us.

We were pleased to learn that you would return, and I would ask that you feel free to contact me at the hotel when you have the opportunity to revisit and I will ensure that we do our utmost to ensure you enjoy your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we look forward to being of service to you again at some time in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We drive up to Durham every few months on Business and have been trying some of the local hotels.
We don't go for the most expensive , but I do like a swim and spa in the evenings.
So, although this is quite a bit out of our way; I thought we would spend the extra pennies and go for a Marriott Experience. Needless to say I was disappointed , the hotel need a good refurbishment.

It has a drab atmosphere and feels more like a 2 star, then a 4 star hotel. I wished I 'd stuck to the Holiday inn then travelled the extra miles to get to this hotel.

Sorry , to say I was not impressed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
janice_davison, Executive Personal Assistant at Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We were greatly troubled to learn of the disappointment surrounding your recent visit, as it is always our intention to ensure our guests fully enjoy their stay.

The hotel is tranditional and guests are offered a high standard of maintenance and cleanliness, coupled with service provided by a friendly and professional team. It is therefore very concerning that we failed to meet your expectations and I hope you will accept our apologies.

I hope the hotel's attributes will encourage you to return at some time in the near future when we look forward to being of service to you.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is the first time that I stayed at this Hotel and it was based on the recommendation of others.

At check in there was a very friendly person offering a glass of wine and a chocolate truffle whilst checking in which was a 'first' and it worked, as I began to let go of the day immediately. Check in was fast and efficient.

It is clear that this is not the newest hotel but I have to give the hotel credit, it is very well maintained and above all it is clean. You notice that immediately when you come into your room. This is something that very few other hotels manage to achieve even when they are a lot newer than this one. The bed was also extremely comfortable.

Check out in the morning was extremely fast and efficient. Will I stay here again - absolutely.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

over the years I have stayed at this hotel many times. I stayed on the 30th January 2014 and as per usual found the staff very professional, helpful and above all happy. To see a welcome smile after driving 300 miles to get there makes all the difference. Plenty of parking spaces, and the location of the hotel is a great jump off point for a lot of local attractions as well as great shopping.The rooms are very clean and comfortable. stayed in an exec room and enjoyed the use of the exec lounge after my evening meal well worth the visit. Could not comment on the spa as I did not use it, but as spa's are not my thing I did not feel I missed out. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
janice_davison, Executive Personal Assistant at Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your very kind words. We take great pleasure in ensuring guests have an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to being of assistance to you again.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My best friend and I booked in for a night before my wedding. We checked in at tea time and was asked if we preferred a double or single room. My friend happened to comment that I was due to be married and we were located a suite with super king sized bed and separate living room. We were then offered a complimentary glass of wine upon checking in. The suite was lovely (if a little cold in the living area). We didn't eat in the hotel that evening but breakfast was lovely (very nice sausages)! All in all a very pleasant and unexpected stay. Thank you to the lovely man on reception who allocated us the suite and then wished me luck the next morning!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends