We stayed at the Marriott at Gosforth Park on Saturday 14th. November 2009.
We had tried to book an hotel in the centre of Newcastle but virtually all hotels were full.
The Marriott at Gosforth Park gave us a good competitive deal comparing very favourably with the rates charged by big chain and so-called boutique hotels in Newcastle riverside area.
We decided to use taxis both ways into town to attend the Sage in Gateshead and this was a sound choice bearing in mind the mayhem in the riverside area when we left the theatre and the difficulty in finding car parking and negotiating the tricky one-way system.
Our room was very good, as you would expect from this major chain of hotelliers, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the complimentary glass of wine offered on arrival with a genuine warm welcome.
The breakfast was very good indeed with a very large choice. and all the staff very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 12.5 Acres of woodland close to the vibrant city centre and Newcastle International Airport, the Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park offers the ideal setting for short breaks and business travel. Contemporary by design, this premier Newcastle hotel blends gracious service with thoughtful amenities that all travelers will appreciate. The chic lobby leads to spacious, beautifully renovated guest rooms featuring luxurious new bedding and convenient high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Odigeo, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
- Marriott Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Marriott