“Lovely meal & great value”
Review of Akbars

Akbars
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Loved our visit to akbars, loads of choice. Liked how they would make any curry as hot or as mild as you wanted. Great atmosphere, looking forward to going back

There are newer reviews for Akbars

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Akbars is off the beaten track but worth the effort to visit. Food was first class and reasonably priced. Staff very attentive. Nan breads are bigger than I have ever seen and served suspended from a hook. Would recommend.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Not worth the hype, there are better Indian restaurants in town for the money. The curries are all very similar to each other and not that great, it's quite nice and modern inside but the service isn't great they made a few mistakes with our order. I'd say give it a miss and try either Dabawal or Vujon for a much better meal at similar cost.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

went last night in a party of 4 people. we do go out and dine around the area at least once a week , and have been to all the indian restaurants in the area. akbars is without doubt the best one yet. the place is immaculate and ultra modern. the staff bend over backwards to help with any questions you may have. and the food was out of this world..the menu wasnt the usual indian menu , there were lots of dishes we had to ask about. i had liver to start which i have never seen in any asian restaurant. and it was gorgeous. all my party had different dishes and all said it was the best by far...and there is some good competition about in the area... cant wait to go again....

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have been to this restaurant a few times over the years and I have always been impressed with the food and the service. So anyway I went again for the first time in over a year and again the staff were lovely on arrival. Apart from that and our waiter that was the only good thing about are meal. Apart from the obvious popdums and pickle tray, which is the same at nearly every Indian restaurant that was the only thing enjoyable about the food.

The food was utterly tasteless and honestly I was shocked because I have been here in the past a good few times and always been impressed and raved about the place. However this time the food was awful. I had a chicken Karahi and it was full of little tiny bits of chicken, It couldn't of been chicken breast either because there was so much gristle on the meat. My partners dansak which "apparently" is quite a thick curry came out quite watery, well every other indian restaurant we have been to it has been quite thick anyway, however even she said some places do it differently. But it was the same again lots of fatty chicken with gristle which to be fair didn't look much better than mine.

I feel this restaurant is purely living off its reputation and there is so many better indian restaurants out there at a fraction of the cost. I am a bit gutted because It was a really nice restaurant but in my opinion has nose dived in terms of quality.

Also a little side note the music in place was too loud and really strange like a dance/rave music. It just doesn't fit with the restaurant theme and certainly doesn't allow you to relax.