“Very helpful for first timer to Newcastle”

City Sightseeing Newcastle
Ranked #12 of 20 Tours in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided to take this tour as we had never been here before and it gave us an insight as to where all the places of interest to us might be. A very useful excursion. I had to sit downstairs though as being disabled the stairs were inaccessible to me. We just put my wheelchair on board and it was no problem at all and we were able to see everything. Would have liked to be up top though as the traffic noise and fumes downstairs were a bit annoying. Would definately recommend though to get your bearings! Next time we will use this bus to get off at the places we now want to come back and see!

All reviews
"your bearings"
in 4 reviews
"friendly driver"
"bus tour"
"central station"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"contemporary art"
"quayside"
in 7 reviews
"tyne"

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I decided to go on this tour bus as have enjoyed other tours by the same company in other cities, I found this tour interesting though at times it was difficult to hear what the commentry was saying hence why I rated it very good instead of my usual excellent.

I would still go on again and hopefully I'll get another chance sometime, only thing I would say is that it could do with live commentry, that's my only complaint.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We tend to always use this group when travelling, the bonus of the hop-on hop-off means that you can learn something about the city whilst still getting around from place to place!

The tour was interesting, but the timings were a little restrcited (last one about 15.30 if i remember correctly), hence the marked down to "good".

The commentary was interesting and the driver pleasant and helpful, just not as good as other cities (Dublin, Madrid, Barcelona) which we've done similar trips with before!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Having read previous reviews, I agree with the problems to do with the level of sound - it was a sunny but windy day so the volume was turned up high - this however meant the commentary was very fuzzy and at times difficult to hear! Nonetheless it was an enjoyable way to see Newcastle - the whole tour takes an hour to complete. Definetley try and sit near a speaker, although if you want to sit outside, this isn't possible!

1  Thank butterflybarbie