“Stay well clear of this place”
Review of Classico - CLOSED

Classico
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay well clear of this place”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with 6 friends and would never set foot in here again . The service was terrible we waited an hour for starters then another hour for main courses and when they arrived one of the orders was wrong . It was a risotto which would have taken another 20mins to cook and as it was 10pm by this time it was decided not to bother . When the vegetables came the potatoes were burnt and inedible and the broccoli and carrots were rock hard. When it was brought to the attention of the waiter ( which we later learned was the manager) he was most unhelpful and didn't seem to think there was a problem . Not once did he apologise for the the disgusting meal and the wait so we decided that we weren't going to pay the full amount so we left only half the amount as the meals were inedible . He threatened to get the police and said he had the phone number which we'd booked on so we said get the police and stood our ground . He then informed us that he had a new chef and a new waitress that night so we said if he'd apologised we would have understood but it was just an excuse . Then he said he was going to half the bill and we said why didn't you half it before you presented it . He was lucky we paid half for a meal that was absolute rubbish and also a totally inept manager who clearly hadn't had lessons in public relations . Never again !!!!!

Visited April 2014

Seaham
“Great food”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Just ate at Classico and my wife and I have enjoyed one of the nicest meals we've had in Newcastle. We made the reservation earlier today on a Groupon offer and it was excellent!! I asked if I could make a change to the starter I wanted.. Wasn't a problem. The waiter was courteous, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The starter was delicious, fresh and well presented. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife ordered chicken in a sauce for her main with a side salad. The chicken butterfly breast was cooked to perfection and plentiful. The sauce was delicious and the salad was fresh with a good combination of ingredients with the most fantastic light lemon dressing. I had the Sea Bass fillets with shell fish and seasonal veg. I've been fortunate enough to eat at some of the best restaurants around the world and I have to say that this dish was on par with the best of them!
Definitely try here! We'll most certainly will be returning soon.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“What a shame”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

At here a year ago and really enjoyed it. What a difference a year makes.
Place was empty and yet we waited an hour for a main course. When food did arrive, order was incorrect. To add insult to injury, when the bill arrived, we were charged twice for drinks. Won't be back again

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Bad”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Gave it the benefit of the doubt despite the poor / average reviews. Waited 2 hours from sitting to main course being served. General vibe is complete chaos. Table of 3 mains served 10 minutes apart seafood risotto stone cold, witnessed other guests asking about their food!! Pizza ok though in fairness hard to screw that up. Avoid

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great service and marvellous food”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We have been to Classico Restaurant on Gosforth High street what a marvellous little gem. The food selection is suitable for anyone palate and the wine is good quality and reasonably priced. My wife's and my starter and main course were cooked to perfection and were generously proportioned. We will certainly going back there soon and recommending it to our friends and work colleagues.

• Visited March 2014