“Good food, awful service.”
Review of Classico - CLOSED

Classico
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited the restaurant as part of a large group this evening, service was slow (1 hr 30 between courses), however this is more understandable as there were 20 of us. Food was great once it finally arrived. However, the service was dreadful. The waitress constantly got the order wrong (not that difficult for bottle of pinot grigio rose with one large empty glass). I also had to tell her the price of the drink, and how much change I would need to recieve. The worst service was when settling the bill, as we had all ordered from the specials menu, some had the 2 course option, others had 3, but the WHOLE PARTY were charged for 3 courses, despite only eating 2. We weren't informed of this at the start of the meal, or was it made clear at any point. Upon raising this with staff, we were told there was 'nothing that could be done', and were charged regardless. Staff were also quite rude and argumentative when it was raised that we had been overcharged. Not impressed by service and wouldn't come back. Lovely food though...

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I have been regulars at Classico for the last year as the food and service has always been fantastic every time we had been. Unfortunately tonight was a lot different. Service was very slow especially when only 3 tables in. The food was bland and not what it used to be like. Unsure if under new management and possible new chefs? For what was our favourite Italian is certainly no more.

2  Thank Phil L
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I think the place must be under new management because it has changed dramatically from the restaurant we knew and loved. Food quality and service pretty poor tonight, will be steering clear in future.

3  Thank MrsLawson18
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I visited here with my wife without a reservation......It was quiet, but the service staff were polite, well informed and the food was excellent. My wife is a vegetarian and she was really pleased with menu. Will go again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visited this restaurant with colleagues from work, 11 people in total. The dining experience started off reasonably well, drinks orders were taken promptly. Orders for starters were taken after the drinks arrived.

Then orders for the mains were taken separately... except not all of the orders were taken. The food was OK when it arrived, although a few members of my party had to wait quite a while for their meals whilst others were halfway through their main courses.

I feel with a little more effort, maybe one more staff member, the experience would have been OK as the food was OK. Even so, I won't be visiting again any time soon.