“Great breakfasts”

Fat Hippo Jesmond
Ranked #128 of 1,302 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fat Hippo specialise in the good kind of gluttony: making indulgent burgers that have you loosening your belt buckle before you've even started!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff where friendly and welcoming, couldn't do enough! We ordered breakfasts which where cooked to perfection and just as asked. No grease!!! I had eggs florentine which where delicious! Good selection of hot drinks and food on offer. Would definitely come back here.our waitress Frankie was brilliant!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Delicious food at a good price. I had the chicken burger with cajun sauce which came with fries & salad. It was gorgeous. We had not booked & the restaurant was full but they squeezed us in. The service was fast & the staff were friendly. Good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter wanted us to go there as it was her last day of her university year before we had to collect her things and head off home. I was not disappointed. It's nice to be asked if it's OK to serve the burgers pink in the middle - I should say so!
We both had the American burger and they were great. They were accompanied by fat chips and salad. I also liked the good selection of beers.
Worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on a weekday afternoon, seated quickly and by helpful staff who made recommendations and very pleasant. I went for the hangover burger (chicken) and my boyfriend went for beef which was herby, seasoned well and cooked slightly pink in the middle. Generous portions and genuinely one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in with a friend to the Newcastle restaurant after he suggested that they do one of the best burgers in Toon here...he wasn't wrong. We started with some jalapeños poppers and loaded wedges with fat hippo sauce and bacon pieces, which were both dirty and awesome. I then went for a burger with 2 x 4oz patties, rib meat and chilli jam that didn't disappoint. The burgers were flavoursome and juicy. The service was great, with friendly and confident staff that weren't shy to recommend their favourite dishes and suggest dishes for us to try. I'd definitely go back...and soon!