“Fabulous Hotel”

Rosebery Hotel Jesmond
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Really stylish little place, best kept secret in Newcastle. I have stayed here for over 7 weeks and been in 4 rooms, all offer a unique style, big and comfortable, plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits. The staff is the morning are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. If there is anything I need then it is provided for me. Best hotel I have ever stayed in for a long time. Personal service with a warm smile. Staying in 2013 too. Exceptionally clean too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Rosebery Hotel Jesmond

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed for several days whilst my wife was in the Freeman Hospital, very accommodating, let me stay on a day by day basis, due to my wife's condition. Parking was free, saved me £10+ a day from parking at the hospital. The biscuits in the room were very good and overall my experience was a good one.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Lovely, quiet hotel...my room was very big, good choice at breakfast and staff were helpful. Very warming atmosphere and very easy access into Newcastle city centre, caught the bus right into the centre of town! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

This is by far the prettiest hotel I've stayed in. A lot of effort has been put in to the decoration.
There was a slight admin error discovered when I arrived, meaning they weren't expecting me and a room wasn't ready but this was put right quickly and the rest of my stay was trouble free.
The staff are kind and friendly and made my stay really pleasant. The dining room is sweet and breakfast was very good.
I agree with another reviewer on here which described the rooms as overcrowded - there was too much furniture in my room, beautiful furniture, but too much!
A few minor points to be made - I had to put the kettle on the floor for the plug to reach the socket, the milk was never replaced, couldn't see the TV from the bed (furniture was in the way!) and the saniflow system was very noisy.
I would most definitely stay again, staff are lovely. There is a cosy, relaxing atmosphere. Quiet location with buses just around the corner and easy access to city centre and the university.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This is was a nice place to stay, however the room was a little over furnished. So my recommendation would be sell some of the furniture and by new mattresses. Staff were great helpful and friendly.
Breakfast ok chairs look good but uncomfortable - about sums up the beds too.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2012

A lot of refurbishment has taken place recently and very nice it is too !
The room was perfect with its restored ( to high standard ) furniture combined with modern facilities. The theme was carried all through the hotel and helped the overall ambience .
Organisation was good from the moment the booking was confirmed to arrival where a key had been left with clear instructions ( as I arrived at midnight )
Being a foodie the breakfast was all important ... And was not disappointing in any shape or form, and all served with a smile.
Looking forward to going back and would definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had a marvelous room and relaxing stay here. If you want a place with charm and style along with imperceptible service, this is the place! We were travelling from the States and were so grateful to have arrived to find a clean peaceful place to drop. Thanks for a great stay and we'll be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family