“If you like girlie things ...”

Rosebery Hotel Jesmond
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Then this is for you. Advertised more of a boutique hotel Im not sure thats accurate. Quirky and girlie perhaps. The stairwells are more of a gallery of mirrors and the entrance hall an eclictic mix of things that appear to be collected because the owners like them rather than an over all look.

The Californian receptionist / chambermaid / night porter was perfectly charming and helpful.

The bedroom very clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was yummy.

Drawbacks ... slightly un nerving that there was no staff in the building in the evening. Also although its lovely smelling a cooked breakfast because the door from the kitchen dining area was left open this wafted through the building and settled in the air a bit too heavily - shut the door next time please.

I'm not sure this would appeal to men travelling on their own, maybe a couple if the man in tolerant but I know a whole host of girlies that would love it.

I chose this as I was on my own visiting uni offspring having previously stayed at the holiday inn down the road with my Partner I wanted something a little more intimate. This certainly worked.

I would stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 May 2013

As a couple we had a Saturday night in Newcastle; We didn't want to be amongst a hotel full of Stag and Hen parties and didn't want to spend a lot either.
What i found with Roseberry was perfect. We had free parking, free breakfast, and were able to walk into town with ease. We got great service, a free glass of wine before heading out, and also free wi-fi.
Could ask for more- would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed at the Rosebery last month after struggling to book in to any of the chain hotels in Newcastle. Arrived with no expectations and couldn't believe our luck. We were given such a warm welcome from the lovely receptionist, who's customer service really couldn't have been better throughout the entire stay.

The hotel is gorgeously decorated, quirky and with a french/luxurious feel. My room was lovely, cosy and the bed was very comfortable.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any better we were invited to have a compliamentary glass of wine in the dining room. And there was the little fly in the ointment - the wine was horrible. Why go to such expense decorating a hotel with ecclectic furniture that scream 'good taste' and then buy the cheapest possible plonk to serve to your guests? This stuff was 8% (8%??) and a silly mistake to make - but easily fixed.

Despite the wine :) from now on the Rosebery will be my first choice when I stay in Newcastle.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had never been up to Newcastle and it was a lovely pleasure to come to a beautiful hotel!
The staff were so welcoming and took us up to our stunning room. The attention to detail in the bedroom and surroundings showed that a lot of care had been taken in making this hotel a destination place to relax and enjoy.

Breakfast time was also a lovely start to the day with Lesley offering a wide range of food options. Not only do you get to enjoy a lovely breakfast but also in a lovely setting of vintage chic furniture.

Night time offered the best sleep in luxury linen and vintage French beds, felt like complete luxury without the high price tags. Planning my next trip to the Rosebery Hotel very soon....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The outside is a little unprepossessing and you wonder if you have made the right decision. There is also a lack of public rooms with the exception of the excellent breakfast room. So I was feeling a tad glum and wondering if I should have "played safe" with a City Centre chain.

Imagine the pleasure on entering such a spacious, warm, clean, and beautifully decotated bedrooms (room 18 on the ground floor) with room for two double beds and large wardrobe , desk, chest of drawers and TV table. Equally positive reaction to the bathroom. The whole was a really well thought through design. not quite my taste (middle-age, balding, what do i know about anything me) but so expertly done.

I arrived early but that did not create any difficulties and the staff I met were pleasant and helfpul but frankly all i wanted to work in my room and sleep. Excellent comfortable bed and first rate linens. Free and easy access Wifi always makes my day, which is sad really.

My only quibble? If only it had a sitting room with the same attention to style and taste. But then you cannot have everything can you?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Rosebery Hotel with my teenage granddaughter as a birthday treat and I must say I was simply delighted with the hotel and it’s service. I chose the hotel because of the vintage décor, my granddaughter’s favorite, and it was stunning; every detail was considered from the bed linen to the coat hooks, all tying in perfectly with the theme of the room. The staff were also hugely accommodating to our needs, allowing us to stay in a ground floor to accommodate my limited mobility and providing vegetarian options for my granddaughter. A great location, very quiet and relaxed, much nicer than the busy hotels and bars in Newcastle city centre. Absolutely lovely, I will certainly be staying again

Room Tip: All the ones i