Then this is for you. Advertised more of a boutique hotel Im not sure thats accurate. Quirky and girlie perhaps. The stairwells are more of a gallery of mirrors and the entrance hall an eclictic mix of things that appear to be collected because the owners like them rather than an over all look.
The Californian receptionist / chambermaid / night porter was perfectly charming and helpful.
The bedroom very clean and comfortable.
The breakfast was yummy.
Drawbacks ... slightly un nerving that there was no staff in the building in the evening. Also although its lovely smelling a cooked breakfast because the door from the kitchen dining area was left open this wafted through the building and settled in the air a bit too heavily - shut the door next time please.
I'm not sure this would appeal to men travelling on their own, maybe a couple if the man in tolerant but I know a whole host of girlies that would love it.
I chose this as I was on my own visiting uni offspring having previously stayed at the holiday inn down the road with my Partner I wanted something a little more intimate. This certainly worked.
I would stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosebery Hotel provides the perfect accommodation for those who are looking for that something special, rather than just a run of the mill chain hotel. The tasteful interior of the hotel provides guests with a relaxing and welcoming feel, in a quiet location, next to Jesmond Dene Park. Our rooms are light, spacious and airy, with high ceilings and charming original detailing. Offering guests free in-room continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, Freeview television, free unrestricted parking and (being only 5 minutes from the city centre) a quick commute into the buzzing city of Newcastle. The Rosebery is also the nearest hotel to the Freeman Hospital, which makes us ideal for relatives of patients or locum staff, who require long term accommodation. The hotel bedrooms have comfortable, good sized beds, a flat screen television with built in DVD, a refrigerator and a seating area for breakfast. Our en suite rooms have fabulous bathrooms, some featuring roll top baths and rainforest showers and our basic rooms share a toilet and bathroom, all very nearby. We do have ground floor rooms available and we cater for vegans & those who have special dietary requirements. For longer term guests we do offer free clothes washing facilities and access to an ironing board, also we can provide use of the hotel's kitchen for use of the microwave. We provide guests who need it, luggage storage and Late and Early Check in's can be arranged with the hotel. The Rosebery is a pet friendly hotel, so if you want to bring your furry friend along, just let us know! We offer great discounts to Commercial groups, contractors, shop fitters, TV and Theatre production companies and the like. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate party groups or Stag/Hen groups. Save up to 30% by BOOKING Direct with the hotel either by phone or via our secure booking system. Third party booking portals charge more! Booking direct is much cheaper! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Rosebery Hotel Jesmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosebery Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Rosebery Newcastle Upon Tyne