We booked to stay 9/10 August back inJuly as I was having an operation at the Freeman, we have stayed here before.
Unfortunately the Freeman postponed my operation on the 6th August,which was a bit of a surprise to say the least, we rang the hotel to let them know, and that we would rebook as soon as we have a new date; we were told it was within the 3 day cancellation period therefore there may be a charge...it was 3 hours within that period!!...
We were told the manager would ring us back, a call was missed...and so we rang again, once again we was told our message would be passed on.
On the 12 August 2 nights accommodation was debited from our bank account without any discussion, I could understand I night ( although it would be uncaring)...but 2 nights is frankly disgusting, I have NEVER come across such a cold hearted attitude for business, especially from one that boasts on its website that it cares for relatives staying at the Freeman...all these people care about is money. The ironic thing is we would have rebooked, as would other relatives who also had to cancel their rooms...but not within 72 hours!!
It's worrying and expensive enough everyone having to travel from Northamptonshire to enable me to have treatment which I would not be alive without, but then on top of all this worry we are being blatantly robbed by those that offer support, yes it may be close to the Freeman, but they are morally a world away.
And so I am still waiting for my operation that was postponed as they needed the theatre for a more urgent case,I am getting sicker by the day, I am in pain and unable to eat...but also unable to stomach the despicable treatment by these people profiting on others pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosebery Hotel provides the perfect accommodation for those who are looking for that something special, rather than just a run of the mill chain hotel. The tasteful interior of the hotel provides guests with a relaxing and welcoming feel, in a quiet location, next to Jesmond Dene Park. Our rooms are light, spacious and airy, with high ceilings and charming original detailing. Offering guests free in-room continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, Freeview television, free unrestricted parking and (being only 5 minutes from the city centre) a quick commute into the buzzing city of Newcastle. The Rosebery is also the nearest hotel to the Freeman Hospital, which makes us ideal for relatives of patients or locum staff, who require long term accommodation. The hotel bedrooms have comfortable, good sized beds, a flat screen television with built in DVD, a refrigerator and a seating area for breakfast. Our en suite rooms have fabulous bathrooms, some featuring roll top baths and rainforest showers and our basic rooms share a toilet and bathroom, all very nearby. We do have ground floor rooms available and we cater for vegans & those who have special dietary requirements. For longer term guests we do offer free clothes washing facilities and access to an ironing board, also we can provide use of the hotel's kitchen for use of the microwave. We provide guests who need it, luggage storage and Late and Early Check in's can be arranged with the hotel. The Rosebery is a pet friendly hotel, so if you want to bring your furry friend along, just let us know! We offer great discounts to Commercial groups, contractors, shop fitters, TV and Theatre production companies and the like. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate party groups or Stag/Hen groups. Save up to 30% by BOOKING Direct with the hotel either by phone or via our secure booking system. Third party booking portals charge more! Booking direct is much cheaper! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Rosebery Hotel Jesmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosebery Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Rosebery Newcastle Upon Tyne