Rosebery Hotel Jesmond
US$96
  • Pool
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$35
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$251
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$96
Priceline
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
US$87
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$64
Travelodge
  • Room Service
All reviewsvintage stylequirky hotelmini ovendog bedon arrivalsherbetbreakfast tablefreeman hospitalchain hotelsfinishing touchescity centrequiet areagorgeous hotelroll top bathlittle touchesfamily roomthoroughly enjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Wonderful little gem of a hotel. Me and my husband were in Newcastle celebrating our sons promotion. We needed somewhere to stay that was walking distance from the town or should i say... The Toon and somewhere that was close enough to our sons flat in Jesmond. This was our first visit to newcastle and what a wonderful city, lots of things to do and very friendly locals.

The Rosebery Hotel was perfect for us. peaceful location, great price and very welcoming. Would i reccommend this hotel?? Why I Man!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I recently stayed on a three day business trip which took me to a part of the north east I had never been before. The added bonus was the Hotel, that had been arranged by my manager. The room I was taken to was a large, beautiful room, with a period fire place, high ceilings and fantastic decor. My reason for being there meant that I had to have a good sleep each night, and that is exactly what I got. The area was really nice and the staff and hotel manager where a joy to chat to. Further more, about 5 minutes away there is a Golf club which I speant a nice afternoon, retrned to the hotel and made full use of my rooms lovely facilities. I look forward to doing more work in that area and I can ensure throughout the year I will attend the hotel again for my own personal pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My friend and I came across this hotel whilst searching for somewhere to stay when visiting a friend at Newcastle uni. I must say, it was a great find! It is cheaper than hotels right in newcastle but really close to a metro so it is easy to get right into the city! The room was lovely, and just as good as ive had in places which have cost me a lot more! It also had a nice cosy feel, much nicer than a boring travel inn. There are lots of nice pubs close by in Jesmond, and even restaurants and a shop just round the corner-excellent when i realised i'd left my toothbrush at home in the evening! I would recommend this hotel if you are visiting newcastle as it is practically in the town, but without the ridiculous prices some places make you pay :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We booked this hotel for 22nd May, should have heard the alarm bells ringing as the receptionist seemed unsure. It is very difficult to articulate how angry we are.
Upon arrivial at the "hotel" there wasn't a soul to be seen, we waited and rang the telephone number and no-one answered a number of times.

Obviously to us this seemed like we had been double-booked so we left, utterly disgusted at the lack of adequate communication or service. We have since found that the money from the room has been taken from my account, so i have complained and demanded a refund. I won't hold my breath for a rely, after reading these reviews. DO NOT BOOK THIS "HOTEL"!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hummingbird80
Reviewed 25 May 2010

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE – What’s worse than staying at a hotel and it not being up to standard?

Kate (the owner) of Rosebery Hotel Jesmond raising the price when your 5hrs away then calling with an aggressive attitude and cancelling on you when you’re 2hrs away, then calling the police who call you to warn you not to come.

We booked this 'hotel' for 16 people 2 months in advance agreeing to pay cash on arrival. The Friday afternoon of the day we are to arrive, Kate (the owner), calls and increases the price by £100. Despite having a security deposit of £500 she demands full payment of £1300 on a credit card upfront before we even arrive. She demands to deal only with one person and doesn't want the hassle of payment on arrival, the next morning or from 16 individuals claiming 'she’s' been screwed before'.

Treating us like criminals (a group of professionals), having not even met us, is not what we deem good customer service. Under pressure and in a rush to leave it is agreed that we will pay up front by card. Subsequently, with a view to us avoiding one persons card being charged, incurring a card fee of 2.5% and to allow us to at least arrive and check the place out before handing over £1300, she agrees to take 60% debit on arrival and the rest in cash.

At 5pm she calls in an aggressive manner, shouting down the phone to say our booking is cancelled. Apparently the card has expired (yet we never gave her the card, the agreement was we'd pay by debit on arrival and she'd get a card then'. She’s getting a ‘bad vibe’, doesn’t want the hassle, it’s her hotel and we’re not welcome. She's not happy, worried about 16 men being in her hotel when she's not there (management not even going to be there). She has a friend in town who's in the hospital and she wants to spend the weekend with him and doesn't want the staff having the hassle. SO, WHAT IS IT THEN THE IMAGINARY CARD OR THE FACT YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO RUN YOUR HOTEL COS YOUR FRIEND IS IN TOWN?

She's asked to calm down, no one wants an argument, we're 2hrs away, we'll be there in 2 hrs for her to see we are well educated, polite, and professional and STILL very reasonable people. In fact some of us will be arriving any minute as everyone was given this address. We’re told ‘the fact you are arguing on the phone with me is it! – you’re clearly going to be hassle, you’re definitely not coming now – despite our saying we did NOT want an argument and asking her to please be calm.

She swiftly tells us if anyone arrives at the hotel the POLICE WILL BE CALLED. She hangs up!

10 MINUTES LATER THE POLICE CALL WARNING US NOT TO GO TO THE HOTEL.

OVER REACTION EXTRODINARE. THIS WOMAN IS UNPROFESSIONAL, UNREASONABLE, RUDE, AGRESSIVE, CONTROLLING, OVERLY POSSESIVE OF HER NEW HOTEL AND HAS TERRIBLE MANNERS AND SERVICE. SHE DOES NOT DEAL WITH DISPUTES SHE JUST CANCELS. SHE LIES, ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF HAVING TO RUN HER HOTEL WHEN THE OCCASSION DIDN'T SUIT ANY MORE. SHE ISN’T INTERESTED IN CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS, SERVICE, CONSIDERATION OR COMPROMISE. AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU WANT TO BOOK IN CONFIDENCE AND NOT HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE OWNER.

Don't worry, we got better accommodation and our new place couldn't believe her attitude after we were such good customers to them.

• Stayed: May 2010