“Great central hotel friendly staff”

Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (New Bridge Street) Hotel
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed in a double room in March. The staff couldnt have been nicer, it was clean and tidy. Newcastle is relatively small and easy to walk around, the hotel is right next to the art gallery and round the corner from shopping areas. Could be noisy at the weekend, but wasny too bad when I was there. The hotel has a decent restraunt and a nice little bar. Good value for money too. Great for a mid week stay, but probably not great for a weekend if you want peace and quiet, would be good
for stag or hen weekends though!

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (New Bridge Street) Hotel

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed with my partner for 2 nights from 18th - 20th November and had breakfast on both days & dinner on the 1st night. From start to finish we had a great stay. The staff were very friendly & always happy to help. Checking in was simple & the reception staff were fantastic. I asked for a quiet room & they put us in a room on the 4th floor at the end of the corridor which was great. The room itself was clean, tidy & very accommodating. The bed was massive & we really loved the blackout blinds, they were brilliant. Had a great nights sleep on both nights. Went for breakfast both mornings & was impressed by the selection of food considering the price. I work as a Breakfast Chef in a hotel which has the same buffet style & I know the difficulties of keeping food hot & topped up so I was looking forward to eating here & I enjoyed it both days. A great selection of hot & cold foods. You can have your eggs 5 different ways :-) the hot buffet was brilliant. At dinner I had the gammon steak & my partner had the sirloin steak which were both cooked how we asked & were really nice. We also had 3 little sides which were great & plentiful for the cost. A fantastic place to stay & superb value for money. I'm still looking for the catch.Also, great central location. Overall, We really enjoyed our stay & will return in the future, soon I hope.

Room Tip: Asked for quiet room (on a Monday) & was put a room on the 4th floor at the end of the left corr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Having stayed in several Premier Inns over the last year or so, I felt this would be a reliable choice for an overnight stay in Newcastle, and it proved to be just that - just as I've experienced in the other Premier Inns, I found this one very luxurious, clean and comfortable, and the reception staff were very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help. Breakfast buffet was excellent and the location was great. The only slight drawback was that service at dinner was fairly slow but this wasn't a major issue. Overall a very pleasant stay - would definitely come back here if I were staying overnight in Newcastle again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Smallish room for £65, but right in the centre of Newcastle, so I cant moan too much, although the room was cleanish, there are few parts that lack attention to detail i.e the skirtingboards. The aircon unit control was broken off the wall and it didn't work very well, thank God the window opened. If cheap is what you are after I doubt you'll beat the price for the area. Best bit is the size of the beds, big and comfortable. 3.1/2 out of 5.

Room Tip: I was in 416
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My heart sank when I saw the hotel and its location. Somehow the pictures didn't do justice to the concrete excrescence, handily placed on a large and busy roundabout! BUT, the staff were absolutely fabulous. Very helpful and prepared to put themselves out to help me as I was in the city to visit a relative in hospital. This went for the reception staff and chamber maids. I also enjoyed the food and the conversation in the restaurant with intelligent and interesting staff. My room was comfortable and mercifully quiet. The car park next door was convenient and offered a cheap rate for hotel guests. The location meant that I could walk just about everywhere anyway..

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the roundabout.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stay here regularly when we travel to Newcastle. The hotel is central the rooms are clean and the staff helpful. James on the door always looks after you.
The food and service in the restaurant is never to a great standard but over all the location of the hotel always wins out.
I would recommend this hotel for any short breaks in Newcastle.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel are noisy on a friday/sat night due to people leaving the night...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1985Jac
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I travelled on a business trip to the Premier Inn (Newcastle Central) on 27th-28th October 2013. In order of experience, the welcome at reception was warm and friendly. The room was mostly clean (albeit a dirty black and pink circle around the sink hole in the bathroom). The bed was extremely comfortable - lovely clean sheets and pillow cases, but most of all, the waitress named Steph was 'absolutely lovely'. - Steph greated me with a lovely welcoming smile. She took care of my every request, diligently, patiently and attentively. - No request was too much trouble for her and all my requests were dealt with promptly and effectively.

Regarding food, the sirloin steak (good size) was cooked just the way I liked it. - 'Well-done' as requested, which is an unfulfilled request anywhere else as a steak in any other hotel or restaurant usually gets served to me medium oddly enough (which I can't eat).

If I happen to be in Newcastle again, I will definitely stay here again, and I hope to meet the same staff, as Steph in particular made my stay very pleasing.

email: bluemarle@yahoo.co.uk