“1 night stay Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (New Bridge Street) Hotel
Belfast, United Kingdom
“1 night stay Premier Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was my first trip to Newcastle, and I'm glad that my friend and I picked this Premier Inn. You may not get luxury, but you do get comfort -(lovely comfortable beds), and excellent staff, who are willing to go the extra mile to help. I left a particularly valuable, (to me), mp3 player behind, and the staff ensured that it was returned to me! I would recommend the hotel highly to anybody, (apart from all of the above), it is very central and convenient to all the down town amenities, shops, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: We where on the 7th floor, with a lovely view over the city. It was also noise free.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Indonesian first
Skipton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Decided to travel to Newcastle by rail to attend Andre Rieu Concert - Premier Inn lived up to our expectations and more - really comfortable room with super comfortable bed - check in easy - no problems at all although food could have been more appetising in restaurant - would definitely stay again

Catterick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed there on Wed night cost £39 pre booked. Had a lovely stay, very friendly helpful reception staff and enjoyed the shopping. Beware, it is in a back street, very hard to find, if you arrive by train get a taxi. We went out shopping in the daylight but when we wanted to go back to the hotel it was dark and no one in the street seemed to know where we were on about(probably our own fault). Anyway would stay again now I know where it is. The restaurant was much better than, for instance, the brewers fayre next to Premier Inn at Filton, Bristol.

Room Tip: There are no ground floor rooms but there is lifts.
1 Thank Peter W
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I have always been happy with premier Inn until I took my daughter to this one. All the way down I was telling her how good they are. Well the hassle started when we got to our room. I had booked a twin room and we had a double! I checked my booking and I had stated a twin. They moved us fine. Got to the room and all was ok. Tried to warm the room up to find that the heating system was broken and so was the fan. When I tried to ring reception I found that the phone didn't work so I had to trail down to reception. The receptionist was helpful and assured us it would be looked at. A lovely man named Alan came to the room and when he couldn't fix things he instantly offered a nights refund. Every thing was ok. When I checked out I informed the receptionist that I would not stay there again. She apologised but pulled a face to another person at the desk. Not very professional.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (New Bridge Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee.Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Good location for town centre.Reasonable price although Sat night a little pricey for budget hotel.(Thurs night £29 Sat £106 same room)Bar closes early.room small but clean bathroom the same.It is what it is but would go back.Ask for room at the back as the nightclub outside the front door can be a war zone till after 4 unless of course your in it !!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
northeast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

stayed here recently and have stayed in a few premier inns in the past
this one was below average i thought.
the lift stuck on our floor and we had to go up to floor above
and get the other lift down a floor the lift apparently had been out of order all day
when we got back from shopping at about 4pm the bar was not open and we mentioned it to reception we then waited for someone to open the bar
the room was clean as was the bathroom unfortunately the bed was very hard
the window did not open at all not even a few inches had aircon on a lot

Room Tip: ask for a soft bed when checking in
Glasgow, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

After a long drive north I hit Newcastle at rush hour in the dark and it was raining. The Premier Inn Newcastle Centre is tucked away and is a little hard to find with one way streets bamboozling sat nav, thankfully when you get there there is a car park right next door and its pretty reasonably priced. Beware though the entrance and exit are alloy wheel threateningly tight! The location and the building itself are not the most pleasant but turned out to be nice and quiet and my meeting the next morning was within walking distance. The hotel can be reached through the car park so you dont have to go back out into the rain to get to check in. Check in was fast and efficient and the staff on the desk were absolutely excellent! Helpful, polite and knowledgeable about the surrounding area.

The hotel building has the feel of a 1970′s council office block and this is largely felt on the inside. My room was tired and had no central heating. Instead an aircon unit was in place which had a ridiculously complicated panel, so much so that with check in you are given an instruction sheet. This leads to a problem as its not exactly a high quality air con unit so if you need it on it is quite noisy.

That said the bedroom area was clean and had a great view out across to the Northumbria University building thats quite space age looking. The bathroom is very tired and really could do with a make over. It was dirty but the discoloured tile grout all over gives it the appearance of being dirty.

It was very quiet during the night and morning though which was great as I ended up in the bar until quite late. Sadly working rather than having to many drinks. The bar is a nice place to be with a good selection of seating and on different areas. They don’t have Sky but thankfully the champions league was on terrestrial television so the large TV was tuned into the football. Again the staff in the bar were great, talkative when required and equally helpful and polite. I was looking to get quite a bit of work done on the laptop and the wifi in the bar was strong and plug points were available. Work took a lot longer than I expected so I had dinner in the bar as well. The menu had a great selection on it and was very well priced for drinks and food. I went with the gourmet burger and paid an extra 79p to upgrade my chips to their special triple cooked fries.

The burger was pretty good and had a decent burger and welsh rarebit cheese was a great addition. The triple cooked fries were the star of the show and were worth the price of the whole meal!

Breakfast in the morning was an ok affair with ample choice of cooked or continental food. It wasn’t busy but the cooked food was constantly being refreshed.

The rooms could do with a bit of freshening up but this was a good stay and ticked all the boxes that I required on this business trip.

Room Tip: High floor was quiet and had a good view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business