Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (New Bridge Street) Hotel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A great location in the City Centre. Within easy walking distance to the Metro and also to the main shopping area. With friendly staff and comfortable rooms. I would choose this hotel again just for its location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LINDA W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for one night travelling from London to collect my son from University . I have stayed in a number of hotels in Newcastle and decided to try this for the first time. The hotel is located in the city centre and the Sat Nav had problems getting me there! Clearly I was close but the hotel is obscured from the main road and difficult to find. After driving around for some time I called the hotel and Alan was brilliant in talking me in the last few turns, he even came out to meet me!
There is a car park next door, however it is council owned and you have to pay by the hour during the day. I arrived after 6pm so put in £2.50 which gave me parking to cover the early morning, leaving at 10am.
The location is brilliant if you want to be directly in the city centre close to the shops and nightlife, I was there midweek and it was quiet but I can understand it could be noisy at weekends as it is perfect location for stag and hen parties.
The room itself was fine, a bit on the small size, the huge bed dominated the room but it was very comfortable, the shower was hot and I had a great night's sleep. My only complaint would be the view from my window...or lack of it. I was on the 3rd floor and my view was of an adjacent high roof, I had the side apex to loot at, it was higher than my window level! Not an issue as I was there one night to sleep and was out with my son, but I would not have been happy if it was my base for any length of time. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. I would stay here again just not on level 3!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sjc1965
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I really like Premier Inns, so I was delighted to somehow find a room in the centre of Newcastle for £56 - although admittedly, it was a Sunday and we didn't have breakfast.
The Reception staff were very welcoming and friendly, and parking is easy enough once you can find the car park entrance!
Our room was a perfectly sized double, with the amazingly comfortable Premier Inn bed and pillows. We'd been given a room on the quiet side, and we did sleep like logs.
I always appreciate the free tea and coffee, and the hairdryer included in the room (unlike with a Travelodge when they don't trust you!)
My only criticisms would be the air conditioning, which seemed to work for half an hour and then warm up again. And in the bath, there was a shower up high on the wall which didn't work, and instead you had to use another hose, which was much lower down - meaning you had to hold it over yourself, which was not ideal when my boyfriend and I were knackered after a long day of sport and just wanted to let the water cascade over our heads!
Anyway, all in all a pleasant and affordable stay, and a great location for exploring Newcastle!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - I did because I knew the hotel is quite close to some big clubs, and I was gi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RachelMary D
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and very comfortable beds, double room was a little cramped but apart from that the room was very nice, breakfasts are very nice well worth paying the money for. Overall the hotel is very good value for money and situated very close to newcastle city centre

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian1990
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I know premier inns are Budget Hotels but in comparison to the ones i have been in around Belfast this one was shabby to say the least. The reception staff i must say were excellent upon arrival as they allowed our party of 10 to check in at 10am as opposed to the normal 2pm.
Some of our party found the bar staff very unfriendly and as for getting into the hotel on Fri & Sat nights, its easier getting into the pubs and clubs around Newcastle ! i dont think the amount of " Door Staff " at the hotel entrance checking peoples identity is really necessary. Rooms were sufficient and the bathroom was ok but it was just the general upkeep around the hotel i found a bit untidy..
The hotel is pretty central and to be fair i would probably stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice experience with warm staff
Room was excellent & the beds were as advertised. Definitely good night sleep
Very convinient for accessibility to city center and John Dobson Street for catching Megabus to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amit T
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here on our way back home from visiting family in Norwich, Wasn't impressed by the outside but it is in a central location so cant expect anything else, student exams going on in the hotel and I thought please tell me all these students are not staying here but just there for exams.

reception very small, could do with a wee bit freshening up. had to enquire about parking which you have to pay for before five o clock after that free till the morning. it was not too bad as we arrived just before five and payed £3 80 for a night till eleven the next morning.

Staff extremely nice and very pleasant at the front desk had to wait a wee while but the girl was very apologetic and we were checked in very quickly.

Room very small but clean very tidy I must say the beds were great one of the best nights sleep I have had and very quiet.

This hotel is very central for shops restuarants and pubs,

We had booked breakfast and this was really good value eat as much as you like and drinks at the bar reasonable, all in all a good hotel for a nights stay.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one on the third floor right at the end of corridor very quiet don...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple