“Not bad but not great!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osborne Hotel

Osborne Hotel
“Not bad but not great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

During a stay with family, we booked the family room for 3 of us. When trying to take a bath, the tap got stuck so they tub just kept filling, it took two of us to stop it!
Bin had dirty sanitary towels from previous guests, ew!
Towels had make up marks, bedding was creased.

Upon arrival, the oldish lady on reception claimed she had no change when we paid cash upfront. She seemed to scrounge around the hotel looking for the change we required. Night porter was useless. We were hungry after our night out and asked him if he had any menus or knew of takeaways, he simply threw a load of menus on the table and walked away.

Full English breakfast was amazing! Lady in the restaurant was helpful, offering us more toast and refreshments.

During a visit, some scottish boys were staying and offered us drugs, followed us to our room and tried to force their way into our room!

I have stayed here twice now, first visit was brilliant but my second visit a few months later was poor.
Sharon, the lady on reception during my first stay was brilliant! Helpful, had a smile on her face and had a conversation with us.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. Over priced for what you get.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sheryl R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is the second time I stayed here. The first time I stayed on the top floor with friends. All three of our rooms were really nice, clean and tidy. Very modern look.

However my second stay just over the weekend; the room (room 4 on the first floor) wasn't as nice. It was a nice room but could hear the traffic outside, a bit of noise from other rooms (mainly above) and a kitchen fan outside. The room wasn't as modern as the room on the top floor but for the price I would easily stay again.

Regardless of the 'not as good as the first stay' room, the staff were once again very polite and good to talk to and very down to Earth. The Breakfast was also filling for the day.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on top floor that face rear of building.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DavidBNorthumberland
Maryport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

myself and two freinds stopped here on 16/11/13. and its great, right at the bottom of osborne rd. price for a saturday night was £47.50 each in a single room, with breakfast.. so all in it was very good. nice quite rooms and will definatly stop here again..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

the hotel was lovely and clean and the staff very friendly Lillian the reception lady was tops breakfast was also very good all in all an excellent choice of hotel stayed here with 6 of my friends had a room for 4 and a room for 3 both rooms clean and comfortable

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cheryl f
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This review is somewhat late as my friend and I stayed here back in 2008 for one night. We had not booked before hand and needed to find somewhere reasonably priced to stay and were impressed when we came across this hotel. It cost around £60, the room was clean and comfortable and while not huge was perfectly adequate for our needs. The bathroom the same, it even had a bath. They even have an italian restaurant attached which my friend would happily have eaten in but I don't like Italian food. We went out around 6pm and got back around midnight, no trouble atall, we weren't disturbed in the night and the road was nice and quiet.

The following morning we had a nice breakfast before departing. Judging from the photo's the rooms have had a modern makeover (not that they were particularly bad before). All in all the stay was very pleasant considering it was an unplanned booking and the fact it is a 2* hotel we were impressed!

I'd consider staying again if I was in the area. Travelled late 2008 not 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

This is the forth year, four of us have stayed at this hotel and as usual we where given a warm welcome. We have stayed in the same two rooms every time and they are like a pair of old comfortable slippers, a little worn around the edges but still comfortable. The breakfast was nice and filling.

See you all next year.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I visited the hotel on the weekend and I was extremely satisfied with the welcoming I received. The rooms were great very clean and the location is very central near the town centre. The staff were all friendly and the breakfasts were very filling extremely impressed for what I paid. I will definitely visit here on a regular basis!

• Stayed August 2013