“Welcoming staff & facilities”

The New Northumbria Hotel
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights while up in the area on business and was extremely pleased to have chosen this hotel over some of the pricier options in the city.

Upon arrival I was greeted by an extremely helpful and friendly lady at reception, and every other member of staff I can across throughout the stay was equally so.

The room itself wasn't particularly large but it perfectly adequate in size as I was alone, and it was clean, comfortable and cozy; it was ideal for the purposes of my stay.

The area itself was also very pleasant - a student suburb with a good selection of local amenities and conveniences.

My only minor gripe was with the shortfall in parking spaces - the hotel does offer a number of free on-site spaces, but (unavoidably, in fairness) there are not quite enough, and you may struggle to find a space if you arrive later.

All in all however, very good; will definitely come back next time I need a room in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ZimHen
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Its lovely to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we thank you for your kind comments. Unfortunately due to the location of the hotel we do have limited parking spaces. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night , I was visiting my daughter for her birthday.
The welcome on reception when I arrived was warm and welcoming, absolutely fantastic reception staff.
My room was beautiful , clean warm and the bed was so comfortable.I had a lovely peaceful sleep
I stayed in a room facing the main road but I couldn't hear much traffic noise at all.
I didn't have the breakfast option as I
Was having breakfast with my daughter in Jesmond, but it did look very good .
This hotel should be at least a 4 star,
They put so much work into it, it has to be the right staff and they seem to have it spot on.
I will definitely be returning, Jesmond is a beautiful area, with a young vibe going on, bars restaurants etc all easily walkable.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jacqui1992
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It's always wonderful to receive such brilliant feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst visiting your daughter and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We were moved to this hotel after a problem at our original and it was totally fantastic, staff amazing, facilities fantastic I could not fault this hotel one but highly recommended. It was clean, great prices the food was great. We really had a fantastic trip and can not wait to come back in fact it was so great I am going to approach the hotel with a business proposition. This is exactly the kind of facilities as a wedding specialist we are looking for.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and would highly recommend us. We look forward to hearing from you regarding your business proposition. Speak soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a great hotel , with nice rooms and the best part of this hotel is the staff . They cannot do enough for you from as soon as you check in to when you leave. Great bar and busy location but quiet at night. Great customer service

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Its lovely to hear such fab feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. The staff will be thrilled to hear such praise. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent meeting facilities, great location for bars and restaurants, good bar and excellent breakfast, great service throughout stay and reception staff and night manager cannot do enough for you. Great play to stay whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the New Northumbria. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Back yet again, for another two day stay in Jesmond Newcastle, great staff who couldn't do enough for you.
Breakfast was more than ample for me.
Parking is the only problem I have with this hotel, very limited....I'll be back again no doubt.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed another stay at the New Northumbria Hotel, and enjoyed your breakfast too. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We didn't have a good experience staying here. We arrived on the 2nd of January 2014. We called the day before asking if we could check in around 12, if our room was ready. We explained that I was 6 months pregnant and would appreciate it if we could get in before there usual check-in time. We were told that we would have to call again in the arrival day and that there was a charge for this (£20 I think they said). When we did finally get into our room (which was late evening as we had family commitments) we were disgusted at the state of the room. The sofa and chair were covered in stains, dirty and looked like things had been spilt in them or worse. There was nail polish marks on the sofa, the table and dressing table. The linen was clean, didn't dare check the mattress! We got up at 6am for our flight and happily left. It was a sad way to end our lovely holiday, I really cannot believe that any hotel would allow such a room to be sold to the public. Truly the worst room I have ever slept in. See the photos for yourself....

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple