“Group Bookings - 5* Service for a Competitive Price”

The New Northumbria Hotel
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our football team 'Real Sociable Dads' decided to go to Newcastle as part of a world cup football tournament. We required the hotel to provide accommodation, drinks and food for nearly 30 lads and the hotel staff made this process easy.

They took a genuine interest in trying to help us make it a special occasion and were always willing to help. Some examples were flexibility around room bookings, drinks and food orders. They even reserved an area for us on a very busy Saturday night for our lads to watch the football.

The hotel location was perfect for us as it was a short taxi ride into the city centre. The hotel and rooms were smartly presented and comfortable. I would recommend any large groups to consider this hotel if they are visiting the area not just for a competitive price but for the quality of service you receive.

Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank steven_gibson87
The Malhotra G, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad that the Real Sociable Dads enjoyed their trip up to Newcastle and glad we made your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you for recommending to others and we hope to see you all again when your next in the area :)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

And I always carry ear plugs! Over the years I've always found that no matter how hard any hotel tries, you always get the odd scrubber who will single handedly disrupt everyone else's stay. This hotel is fairly plush, but has no aircon so gets really sweaty even with the windows open. This place also tries to be all things to all people. Bustling restaurant, yep. Two very lively bars, yep. Noisy outdoor seating areas, yep. My room was a suite which was nice and roomy, but located smack bang above all the hustle and bustle. Without the plugs this would have been a nightmare, but did cease at around 11pm every night. The shower was a bit of a pollava, but okay. Bed was nice and comfortable, and in my room (118) the free wifi was very strong. Overall, a pleasant stay (oh, car parking can be a challenge)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevinperree

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and give us your feedback. Due to the great location of the hotel on Osborne Road, there can be some external noise (especially over the weekend) - however all of the bars in the surrounding area do close at 11pm and therefore the noise should quieten around this time.

We are glad to hear that you remembered earplugs which helped with the external noise - we will look into maybe having spare earplugs within the hotel for guests who were not so organised.

It's great to hear that your bed was comfortable and you were able to make full use of our free wifi.

Best wishes,

The New Northumbria Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Have now stayed here 3 times, whilst visiting/collecting daughter from university, on each visit the staff were friendly and helpful. Great location - easy walk to metro or drive to the city centre. Parking can be tricky, but that is the same all over Newcastle (& any UK city). We have found the service and food in the Italian restaurant excellent. Bedrooms have always been clean. Will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah J
The Malhotra G, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Its lovely to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us, enough so to visit us again when your next in the area. We do have a fab team at the hotel so its great to read such wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently found myself in Newcastle as my husband sadly needed treatment for Cancer at the Freeman Hospital. Very stressful time to say the least!! I stayed at the hotel for two weeks and the staff could not have been more understanding or helpful. Their kindness was beyond what I expected. The little things such as a pot of tea ready for me when I returned from visiting ! Can't wait to return when my husband is feeling better. Wish all hotels had staff like The New Northumbria Newcastle. Thanks to all of you.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Shazzer6

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review - Its great to hear that you would stay with us again and recommend us to others. We agree that Osborne Road is a very lively street and there's everything you need on your doorstep. We look forward to seeing you when your next in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I made a group booking through booking.com for a large group (~15 people) to stay here for my friend's hen party! We stayed for one night and the service from start to finish between me and reception staff was outstanding. Aime (Senior Receptionist) was very helpful and understanding of the difficulties of organising a group booking! Craig and Stephanie were also very helpful.
The advice I was given about which rooms to book was perfect and all staff tried hard to get as many rooms as possible adjacent to each other. Everyone in our group enjoyed our stay and the overall experience was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Newcastle, as group or as an individual. Newcastle is a great city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tgra91
The Malhotra G, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Wow, what a fantastic review. We are all so pleased to hear that you and the rest of the group enjoyed your recent stay and hope that you all enjoyed your weekend. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team - your comments will be passed on. We hope to see you again when your next visiting the city.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few years ago and it was ok. This visit was excellent. Place has been completely refurbished and the staff were charming. They upgraded me to a lovely big room as I'd had a long journey. Excellent value for money and in a lovely area of Newcastle near some nice bars and restaurants

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank merrybrood

Its great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations from your last visit. We do try and upgrade our guests when possible - so we are glad that you appreciated this. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights and was impressed by how welcoming the staff were. I stayed in a superior double room and was able to take my dog for free, which not many hotels in Newcastle offer. The room was better than some 4* hotels I have stayed in. Scalini's restaurant was great quality for money and the pizza was delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Marknewbury

What a fantastic review! Thank you!

I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and all the staff made you feel welcome - I will pass your lovely comments to all the staff.

We hope to see you again soon :)