Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$90
  • Free Breakfast
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$116
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$61
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
US$121
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$34
    Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    US$110
    US$92
    US$109
    US$87
    • Restaurant
    All reviewscity centrehotel entrancean ironnight lifetoiletries
    Reviewed 23 January 2013

Located right in the city centre, the hotel was ideally positioned as everywhere we went (pubs, bars and St James Park) were in walking distance.

The layout of the hotel was weird but nothing wrong with our room (it was too big if anything!) with the only let down being that the windows were not double glazed so it could be a bit noisy. Also special mention to the staff as they were very accommodating given how late we arrived due to all the snow.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 5 January 2013

I booked two nights for new year. The hotel is in a great location if you want somewhere close to nightlife. However, when I saw my room, it was disgusting. There were water marks on the ceiling which looked like they had been there for some time, the area by the window was filthy, not just a bit of dust but dirt and grime all over the carpet had crap all over it and to top it off there weren't any towels so I had to (embarrassingly) knock on someone else's door to ask for a spare completely naked and dripping wet!
    Luckily, as the night went on for so long the room was used more for a storage space than a bedroom.
    All of that said, the girl at reception was more than accommodating, they didn't have any other rooms but she refunded me the price of one night and let me pay half price with free breakfast, which I was too late for anyway, for the other.
    To sum up, book if you're having a party, don't book if you plan on a long stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
    1  Thank Sailormac
    SurteesHotel, Manager at Surtees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review, and i am happy to hear that members of our Reception team were so helpful.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay and to let you know we have taken this on board and are carrying out a full and thorough repair project throughout all of our rooms.

Thank you again for your Review.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Bought a two night stay via a deal - if I had of paid full price I would of been angry.
    The hotel website is misleading - the rooms did not look like the pictures:(
    You had to park nearby at a cost of £11 per day:(
    If you stay for a couple of days you don't get room service however we were asked if we needed clean towels, coffee etc and this was left outside our room, quite bizarre.
    Breakfast was of a higher standard the second day.
    Plus side the hotel is central:)
    The bathroom ceiling had mould on it with the paint peeling off it was disgusting:(
    I won't be staying again:(

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear about the issues during your stay. I have spoken to the staff involved and apologise for this. In regards to the repair work for your room we have now implemented a full repair programme to all of our rooms to correct these issues.

Unfortunately we do advertise as having no car park, with it being a city centre hotel space is of a premium.

Once again thank you for your Review

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Smack in the center of the city, this hotel seems to be trying to be something it's not. Stayed for one night whilst attending a graduation ceremony. Very well situated for restaurants and bars but it was well populated by drunken teenagers and it was only Tuesday night ! You can park in the multi storey behind it but the clock kicks in at 8am and the traffic warden pounces by 8:15. You can buy one in the evening so you don't have to rush out in the morning. Didn't eat here - booked a breakfast but after sitting for 20 minutes and being ignored, I had to go - smelt nice though !
    This hotel would be OK for a single night during the week (£40s pretty cheap) - the room was actually quite nice, but I would avoid it on a Friday / Saturday unless you're on a stag / hen do.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
    1  Thank ralphandbola

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I would like to firstly like to address the problem you encountered during breakfast, this is not how our breakfast staff usually behave and would like to apologise for that.

In regards to your comment about Friday and Saturday nights I can completely understand where you are coming from, as you can imagine being a city centre hotel in one of the most popular cities in the UK for Stag and Hen do's, along with many other hotels in the area weekends tend to be one of our busiest periods.

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Just returned home from my stay at the Surtees hotel, when we arrived I was completely dreading my stay judging by the front of the hotel, multistory car park, bins & an alley where it looked like homeless people were sleeping! When I got to the room I was pleasantly surprised, looked to be clean & bathroom was lovely! Unfortunately when we were going to bed that night the room was freezing as there was no heating on, it was actually colder in the room than outside, it didn't help that the duvet was extremely thin! The hotel doesn't look the best but it isn't all bad, the FEMALE receptionists were really nice & friendly but the man that was there the 1st night was very rude. The location is brilliant but I would consider staying somewhere different next time I'm in newcastle!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am glad that our receptionists were so welcoming and friendly and I have spoken to the Male member of staff involved.

We are so sorry you encountered problems with your heating during your stay and as such are having a brand new boiler installed within the next week, I am only sorry this wasn't in place for your your stay.

Once again that you for your review