Surtees Hotel
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$96
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$99
US$88
US$78
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$115
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$27
    Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$78
    Priceline
    US$91
    US$87
    Priceline
    • Restaurant
    All reviewscity centrehotel entrancean ironfull englishnight lifelight sleeperbit datedtyne bridgequaystoiletries
    Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here this week for a business trip as we needed a budget hotel.
    I wouldn't be staying here again. It's in the city centre, so expected some noise but it was impossible to sleep through the trains, motorway traffic, church bells, fight outside my window in the street and bars emptying their bottles in the early hours of the morning. Investing in some double glazing may be the way forward.
    I stayed in room 341, an attic room, which was quite quirky. It had nice décor, a good selection of teas/coffees, an iron and ironing board and good toiletries. It was, however, unbearably hot! One wall was hot to touch - I'm not sure what was behind it. There was no remote control and when I asked for one, I was given two that didn't work, and was promised it would be sorted the next day, which it wasn't. The bathroom had good decor, but the hook behind the door was broken and the loo roll holder was practically falling off. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned when I came back at the end of day 1.
    My business colleague's shower didn't work - again, he was told this would be mended the next day, and it wasn't.
    The breakfast room was airy, light and large with original wood floors - a nice room and a good cooked breakfast.
    The lift is the original 1923 model with sliding cage doors - one handle was missing and I nearly caught my hands in it. The stairs are grubby.
    This is a real mixed bag of a place - they have obviously spent money doing up the rooms, but they are missing the finer details. The upkeep lets them down and there is just something a bit lacking about the place.
    My main reasons for not going back are due to the noise (out of their control but double glazing would help) and the hot room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 341as it's extremely hot!!
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank dramaqueenBelize
    Reviewed 2 April 2014

We chose this hotel on past recommendation for a "nice" hotel for a a group of long standing friends, all over 60, to be greeted with a request for for a £100 per couple deposit to be reimbursed on room inspection on check out. I have never been so insulted.
    The rooms were very basic, bar not well stocked and generally a run down feeling. poor value for the cost per night
    There is a a noisy bar underneath the hotel which we didn't expect.

We did enjoy our exploration of Newcastle, and ate in very nice restaurants and lovely old pubs

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here last weekend on my stag! It was cheap and cheerful, if you want no noise - dont stay in a city known for its night life, if you want a bit more class and fancy things go pay for those in another hotel.

We had triple rooms, (camp bed). They were all fairly large and well equipped with flat screen tvs, refurbished toilet/shower, toiletries, tea/coffee, towels etc was all perfect for a stag/hen party who just want somewhere to sleep shower and have a good base.

Hotel location is perfect, everything is within walking distance of everything you need. Only gripe I had was with the room key cards, they were always deactivating I think over the 2 nights I needed to have it fixed 5 times. They did say it was because of mobile phones in pockets etc but still, i've never had this happen before. Other than that I cant complain. Hotel was very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs a good clean overall. Room we had was basic and generally clean. Hotel has a great location for shops and pubs but this means lots of noise at night. Ideal for a night out or shopping when you dont plan on spending ur vreak away in the hotel

• Stayed: February 2014
    Reviewed 27 March 2014

Only stayed overnight for a gig and was desperate for a room that wasnt over £100! Stayed here before and wasn't impressed at all as my room before was dirty but my funds were short so I decided to give it another go as I needed somewhere to stay and I know last time they were near the end of the referb.

Room was cleaner this time and my room I got was 340, which was quite 'interesting' in design, as the room is in the attic. You couldnt get another person in the other side of the double bed I had well you could but you would have to do some weird shuffle due to the celiling sloping as its in the attic. Suited me fine though as I was staying alone.

Pretty sure they have updated the toiletries and the hot drinks selection they give as you now get fruit tea aswell as normal tea, coffee and hot choc! Nice wee touch. Also the toiletries have been updated aswell. You get body lotion and conditioner whereas before i think you only got shampoo/shower caps/body wash. (I could be wrong though).

Rooms were clean-er but not spotless. Just feels dirty, not sure why. Feels like everywhere could do with a deep clean to make it feel fresh again. Beds are comfy and people have complained about the rooms being hot but mine wasnt too bad this time. There was however a really bad smell in the room i assume its from people flushing toilets e.t.c and the room i was in must of been where everyones waste got flushed by. Smell didn't linger too long though, but it was bad!

Also you can get breakfast in your room now, I love that! Didn't have it but thats totally up my street! I love all the new wee touches theyve done it looks more 'professional' than before (which was a piece of flimsy paper in the room with info on e.t.c.) as its now all on proper card with logo and things.

Room faced the street so was a bit noisey at night but nothing major as it is the city centre. Just drunk people walking home from nights out.
    Bath was huge and the bathroom was super nice!

Friendly and lovely staff though!
    I would only come back if i was desperate (which i was this time) as room rates are pretty good for city centre even if you book last minute.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo