All reviewshotel entrancean ironnight lifelight sleeperbit datedcomfy bedtown centretyne bridgequaystoiletries
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Firstly we were greeted by a receptionist who laughed when I asked if there was anywhere near by to park my car (even though the hotel is situated next door to a multi-storey car park). The entrance to the hotel is actually round the back of the building so not the easiest to find, however, it is in a great location as it is close to all the best restaurants & bars. The rooms are average, ours was very cold but clean and spacious. The bathroom facilities on the other hand are above average and also very clean. On a night expect noise from both guests inside the hotel and people outside, we fine with this as we were heading out ourselves and it was worth it for the prime location.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouiseMcnic
Reviewed 1 August 2015

lovely staff nothing is to much trouble for them pleasant friendly and helpful :) great room and very comfortable bed best nights sleep ever in a hotel will definitely come here again :) 2 mins walk from great shops and 2 mins walk from the beautiful quayside absolute surrounded by restruants and brilliant drinking places 5 star staff and situ and great affordable price

Room Tip: room 6 is a lovely sunny room and has a view of the tyne bridge
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank bev365
Reviewed 31 July 2015

First impressions not good - the hotel doesn't actually have entrance signs and is wrapped around the back of a 'Brewdog'.
We waited in the reception area for around 10 minutes until someone came to the desk to check us in.

When we got to our room, Cleaning staff were sitting on the stairs/around our room talking about other members of staff and didn't seem very friendly. Felt like i was in their way trying to get into my room - not professional at all. If looks could kill..

Now the room - It instantly felt dirty.
The bedding etc seemed okay, however, there were clumps of dust in the corners of the room, the window & curtains were disgusting. The bathroom had a terrible sewage smell and everything in general just didn't seem clean.
The shower didn't work so i had to have a bath (which was difficult considering the sewage smell wasn't the nicest smell when you're hungover!)
Also i was woken up at 6am with a group outside our bedroom window having some sort of argument about something - not sure if this was staff.

The only advantages are - right next to loads of bars/nightclubs.
Came with plenty hangers. Shower gel & soap. Iron board. Tv with freeview. Biscuits & tea/coffee facilities (however i wouldn't want to use the mugs - wasn't sure if they were even clean)

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I'm sure there are nicer hotels in Newcastle - but i suppose what you're paying for is the location.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with friends at the weekend.
We had 2 double bedrooms on the third floor.
Was worried about the stay after the numerous terrible reviews on here. Do not believe.
One of the rooms (39) was a lot larger than the other but 35 was ample size. Both rooms had shower gels, biscuits, a kettle and iron provided.
Very clean in both the bedroom and bathroom, can't complain.
The window frames are dirty so an improvement would be cleaning these. And if you wish to stay for a solid nights sleep the railway line behind the hotel way keep you awake. I would certainly stay here again as a base for a night out! On returning late there was 24 hour security and checked our room number making you feel more secure

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Got to Newcastle early and was able to drop my bag off to go and do some sightseeing. Around 3pm I was back at the hotel and was promptly checked in. The room ( 35, 3rd floor ) was nice and clean. View wasn't al that as the room faced a parking garage. Bed was very comfortable. Didn't sleep to well because of the noise coming from the garage late at night. There for I had to close the window and since there was no airconditioning it wasn't al that comfortable.
Anyway I had a good breakfast in the morning and check-out was a breeze again.
If I get back to Newcastle I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the garage !
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo