I stayed here with my son when he was attending a university open day. We didn't pay much for the night as it was a last minute booking and that made is very good value. I found the road system difficult but when we did reach the hotel the parking facility was excellent. Even though we only stayed one night we were able to leave our car in the free secure parking all of the next day which was very useful.
The receptionist was lovely when we arrived after a very very long drive and the staff at breakfast the next morning were also great. All local lasses which adds to the ambience of the place. Breakfast was fantastic, freshly cooked, lots of choice and piping hot.
The room was clean and the shower was hot and effective. My only downer was that the carpet was really musty smelling, the smell lingered on all our clothes. Overall though this was a great value place and easy to walk up to the city and the university.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Newcastle’s famous and picturesque Quayside and just an 8 minute walk to the city centre. The hotel occupies a handsome Grade II listed building steeped in history and includes free Wi-Fi, parking and the funky and lively late night bar "Jimmyz" open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays . The city centre plays host to an excellent choice of shopping and also plays host to the Theatre Royal, which brings in talents such as opera North and The Royal Shakespeare Company. The bar is located on the ground level or if it’s dancing you prefer, then look no further than Sea nightclub. The hotel aims to go that extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful stay.Each bedroom has a unique style; the layout of the hotel lends itself to well-appointed rooms with the privacy and intimacy of a boutique hotel. Rooms offer all modern facilities guests would expect plus some rooms have extras such as plasma screen TV and DVD player and air conditioning.At the Waterside staff believe it is important to start the day right with a delicious freshly cooked Full English Breakfast or tasty Continental Breakfast which is served every day from 7:00am – 10:00am Monday – Friday and 8:30am – 10:30am Saturday and Sunday. Although the hotel doesn’t serve lunch or evening meals the immediate area boasts an excellent range of restaurants and cafes in which to enjoy any variety of meal.The famous Jimmyz Bar has been a landmark venue in Newcastle since the major re-development of the Quayside in the early 90’s. The bar has recently had a makeover of its own and this opulent cosmopolitan venue now boasts an extensive cocktail list and the sort of hospitality which makes Newcastle a popular choice.Newcastle and the wider area is made up of a diverse variety of towns, cities, coast and countryside offering a huge selection of things to do whatever your tastes. From relaxing at the coast to soaking up world-class culture in the city centres, from getting back in-touch with nature at a woodland retreat to shopping at Europe’s largest indoor shopping and leisure complex, (Metrocentre). It’s rare to find anywhere so diverse that amazes visitors at every turn with its dialogue between ultra-modern and ancient, with award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture makes up a destination like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- The Waterside Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne