I just spent the weekend here and loved the place. It's basic and tired but has everything you need, clean bedding, towels, tea, coffee, Tv, Free Wifi, bar and a lovely little Breakfast room. Staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast spot on. Great location to bars and restaurants and a 10 minuet walk into the town. There is a Sunday market on the Quayside which is just a 2 minuet walk from Hotel. There have been complaints about the fusty smell as you enter the main door but baring in mind this hotel suffered flooding along with other businesses and is still recovering, the smell does not go beyond the entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Newcastle’s famous and picturesque Quayside and just an 8 minute walk to the city centre. The hotel occupies a handsome Grade II listed building steeped in history and includes free Wi-Fi, parking and the funky and lively late night bar "Jimmyz" open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays . The city centre plays host to an excellent choice of shopping and also plays host to the Theatre Royal, which brings in talents such as opera North and The Royal Shakespeare Company. The bar is located on the ground level or if it’s dancing you prefer, then look no further than Sea nightclub. The hotel aims to go that extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful stay.Each bedroom has a unique style; the layout of the hotel lends itself to well-appointed rooms with the privacy and intimacy of a boutique hotel. Rooms offer all modern facilities guests would expect plus some rooms have extras such as plasma screen TV and DVD player and air conditioning.At the Waterside staff believe it is important to start the day right with a delicious freshly cooked Full English Breakfast or tasty Continental Breakfast which is served every day from 7:00am – 10:00am Monday – Friday and 8:30am – 10:30am Saturday and Sunday. Although the hotel doesn’t serve lunch or evening meals the immediate area boasts an excellent range of restaurants and cafes in which to enjoy any variety of meal.The famous Jimmyz Bar has been a landmark venue in Newcastle since the major re-development of the Quayside in the early 90’s. The bar has recently had a makeover of its own and this opulent cosmopolitan venue now boasts an extensive cocktail list and the sort of hospitality which makes Newcastle a popular choice.Newcastle and the wider area is made up of a diverse variety of towns, cities, coast and countryside offering a huge selection of things to do whatever your tastes. From relaxing at the coast to soaking up world-class culture in the city centres, from getting back in-touch with nature at a woodland retreat to shopping at Europe’s largest indoor shopping and leisure complex, (Metrocentre). It’s rare to find anywhere so diverse that amazes visitors at every turn with its dialogue between ultra-modern and ancient, with award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture makes up a destination like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- The Waterside Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne