“Great Hotel With Great Customer Service!”

Best Western Gibside Hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2013

What a lovely hotel with great customer service! Kudos to Joy and her staff for such a wonderful experience. The restaurant provided delicious food and the service in the restaurant was outstanding! The help and concern provided by the staff when an accident occurred on Hadrian's Wall with one of those in our group was deeply appreciated. I hope to return to this great place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Suki45, Director of Sales at Best Western Gibside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Dr Rigby
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us . I'm so pleased you all enjoyed your visit , and thank you for your kind comments, which I will make sure are passed on to the staff concerned . We do hope to see you all again in the future .

There are newer reviews for Best Western Gibside Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I usually plan my hotel trips a long way in advance and get very good deals. This time I ended up with a week's notice and all of the usual places were booked, expensive or subject to all night parties in Newcastle. After looking at the Trip Advisor reviews I setled on The Gibside, which at £65 for a double room is not unreasonable. It was ironic but there was a wedding reception being held there so I was concerned I would have a sleepless night, but this ended at midnight. It's not a bad location and the staff are very friendly. My only negative comment is that £12.50 is a bit pricey for a breakfast, and I was still full form the Indian meal from the night before so I had a DIY one from Tesco Express.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Davebb1955
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel while on business. The hotel is ideally located and easy to find in a very nice place called Wickham just next to Newcastle city centre. The rooms are large and spacious and quite modern. there are plenty of eating facilities in the hotel which are very nicely furnished the food is lovely and the portions are huge. There is also plenty car parking on site and near the hotel. All the staff I came across at the hotel couldn't do enough for me so I definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We used the Gibside hotel for our daytime and evening reception to celebrate our wedding with family and friends. Everything was amazing and the staff at the hotel helped make our day extra special - special mention to Paco for all his help and support during the day. If your looking at wedding reception venue's i would defiantly check this place out you wont be disappointed. Great rooms and food was fantastic.

Peter and Anthony

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony G
Suki45, Director of Sales at Best Western Gibside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Peter and Anthony
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, and we are delighted that you both enjoyed your special day .
Thank you too for your kind comments regarding our staff and food - I will make sure they are passed on to Paco and all of his staff .

Reviewed 27 April 2013

My wife and I stayed in April 2013.Looked it up on the web first. It was easy to find. Parking at rear in public car park that cost £1 per day, the area is nice and there is a small shopping mall nearby .Receptionist was very helpful and polite. Room was excellent, nice big comfortable bed, clean room, good wardrobes ,TV was modern, and wifi was free.Bathroom was very nice with good towels and a heated towel radiator. Room was warm and quiet. Very clean hotel.We will be recommending the Gibside to our friends .It does exactly what it says on their website

Room Tip: Room 405 is nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Good night, good staff (fit reception lady at night) deluxe room is nice, but too singles put together, uncomfey, especially if your at it ;) only 2 things wrong, 1. The bed situation 2. NO BUBBLES FOR TE BATH!!!!!!!!
Cheers the now

Room Tip: Don't sniff the bible
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

In Newcastle on business and hotel booked by employer. I checked website and on arrival was not dissatisfied at all. The food and service in the paco restaurant was excellent. Service throughout was very friendly, well it is the North East, Yes I wasn't paying but would not be objected if I were. 3star rated but delivered 5 star quality

• Stayed: March 2013
Suki45, Director of Sales at Best Western Gibside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Rachel
Thank you so much for your very kind comments - we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed your meal in Paco's Restaurant . I'm so pleased our staff were helpful and courteous , and we do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you back at the Gibside Hotel in the future .