Malmaison Newcastle
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$113
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$99
US$88
US$78
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$27
    Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
    US$89
    US$78
    Priceline
    US$91
    US$87
    Priceline
    2,720 results
    All reviewsmillennium bridgebridge viewcorner suitemini barsunday lunchcooked breakfastafternoon teaan upgradesuperior roombirthday treatlovely hotelcar parkhotel bara lovely staypublic areasbars and restaurantslovely room
    Reviewed 12 April 2011

This hotel is not what you expect, it is so different. Purple/red vlevet furnishings give it a gothic look, extreme looking furniture in the public areas but so comfortable. It was our anniversary and we decided to try something different. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and offered tips for restaurants and bars. Our room was on the 6th floor and we were given a corner room overlooking the millenium bridge. The room was very spacious, the bed was also very comfortable. All the usual stuff in the bathroom. We were booked in for breakfast, continental style for juice, bread and yoghurts with the option of a cooked to order breakfast, we plumped for the 'Big Mal' and I have to say we couldn't eat it all, plenty of tea/coffee and toast excellent overall value, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 14 March 2011

Had wanted a relaxing and slightly upmarket trip away - and Malmaison delivered well. Comfortable and spacious room, courteous staff, nice (if slightly overpriced) breakfast. Nice touch to have a DVD player in the room too.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 March 2011

Have stayed in the hotel twice and wined and dined there several times with business, friends and partner. It’s a beautiful place in the great location and I’ve chosen Malmaison hotel for the several special occasions in a past 4 years.
    My last wining / dining – Had a dinner in the restaurant about six weeks ago, few drinks before and a bottle of Champagne after as a treat from my partner, food was great, waiter had an exceptional knowledge about the menu and especially a wine list, bar staff great and cheerful as usual.... but our experience doesn’t end there, we were only finishing our last drinks when the man calling himself a night manger stormed in to our table screaming and shouting “are you residents?!!”, said no we only finishing our drinks and will be out in one minute, he then said “what do you think you’re doing here if you’re not staying in the hotel. I see what you doing and you’re on tape”.... I and my partner was so shocked by this I didn’t know if should laugh o cry – what we doing?? – Sitting and chatting finishing our evening. Tape?? – What tape? It was extremely disappointing to end our evening like that after spending over £200 pounds in only bar and restaurant that evening, and to be accused of something inappropriate is even worse as me and my partner are both respectful people. Man was extremely rude and loud and his place is maybe in the army but certainly not in the place that involve any customer service skills.
    My last stay - Have booked a package including dinner as were supposed to celebrate just to find out on arrival that there is no tables available in the restaurant and to be told that we can only get a room service (not very charming for the special occasion) or get a lunch next day (not a great idea when your partner has a plane to catch 8am). Just an advice for the future guests – ask if there is a table available in the restaurant for you to dine when you book, so you avoid being fooled by misselling something that’s not even available. My partner left 7am and clearly told reception (the same man that “kicked us out” the restaurant weeks ago) when settling his bill that I will be staying in the room till check out time which I thought was by 12pm. Had a “want to be left alone” sign on the door but housekeeping knocked my door about 8.30am and then force entered my room about 9.30am, wasn’t impressed at all as have expected a lay in on Saturday morning. Reported in reception on check out and been told that our room was checked out the system when my partner left in the morning and been kind of told it’s our fault we didn’t told somebody is still in the room – when I know for a fact my partner did.
    It’s a big shame that one person can totally change your views about the place you used to enjoy spending your time at...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank vaida_c
    Reviewed 28 February 2011

stayed here on a sunday deal where you pay £75 in the brassiere and get the room for £35 although we upgraded to a suite for another £40,,,Room was as expected large bed and a lounge area with a flat screen tv with sky tv and a dvd player as well,,Everything fine till we hit the brassiere where we were seated and advised 1 of the dishes was unavailable unlucky for us it was our 1st choice,,Didnt have the 2nd choice neither but unsuprisingly they had the 3rd choice which happened to be the dearest thing on the menu,,Starters were ok but small i had the ham hock which looked and tasted like spam,,,onto the main course we both had the entrecote which was hard to cut because no steak knives were provided it was also served on a chopping board with a marrowbone which had the board swimming with grease,,,Wine waiter very knowledgable about wines and all the dishes which is a sign of domeone with pride in his job,,Desserts were quite good and reasonably priced,,All in all the meal came to £105 and we have had better for a fifth of the price,,,Nice bar area drinks reasonable for a top hotel with attentive bar staff

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 28 February 2011

6 of us did the girls night in pamper package it cost £99 per person and it was worth every penny,i would have paid more for what we got. staff were lovely and all ways on hand 2 help .the pamper day included overnight stay,one treatment at the spa, u could stay at the spa as long as u wanted,food and wine delivered 2 your room that night at what ever time you wanted it, and full breakfast the next day.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple